Make dinner at home a little fancier with these Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops. They are easy to make and sure to impress.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
These days we do a lot of date nights at home so I’m always brainstorming new recipes for us to try together. In comes these flavorful and smoky bacon wrapped pork chops.
They look super fancy but are incredibly easy to make. And I’m betting you’ll have most of the simple ingredients on hand.
Ingredients for Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops
The ingredient list for these juicy chops is pretty short. Here’s what you are going to need:
Parbake the Bacon
These chops have one small extra step to ensure they come out perfect every time. We’re going to parbake the bacon before wrapping the pork chops.
Why? This ensures the bacon gets super crispy while the pork chops cook. If it’s not parbaked, the bacon will be rubbery still.
Cook the bacon over medium for about 2 minutes per side. You want it to get a tiny bit of color but not start to crisp.
Remove from the skillet to a paper towel lined plate. Once it’s cool enough to handle, you can proceed with the next step.
Prep and Bake the Pork Chops
Rub both sides of the pork chops with yellow mustard. This provides flavor and moisture while helping the seasonings stick.
Season both sides with the spices then wrap each chop with 2 to 3 slices of bacon. The amount of bacon you will need will depend on the size of the pork chops.
Place the prepped chops on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and bake until they reach 140 degrees. I like to use a digital meat thermometer to ensure they are cooked perfectly.
How to Serve
After the chops have reached optimal temperature, allow them to rest for 10 minutes. This will bring them up to 145 degrees and allow the juices to redistribute.
I love these chops served with creamy mashed potatoes and a roasted broccoli.
More Delicious Pork Recipes
Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops
- 8 slices regular bacon not thick cut
- 4 1-inch thick boneless pork chops
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon until it's soft and pliable but hasn't started to brown. It should look like this.
- Rub the chops with yellow mustard. In a small bowl, combine the kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Sprinkle over both sides of the chops. Wrap each chop with 2 to 3 slices of bacon, until covered. You may need to secure the bacon with toothpicks. Place pork chops on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until pork reaches 140 degrees F. If your chops are thicker, you will need to add more baking time. If thinner, less. If your bacon isn't crisp enough, place under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, until crisp.
- Allow chops to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.