If you’re eating less meat these days, make a big batch of this Veggie Lo Mein. Reheats like a dream and totally customizable.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Looking for a quick and easy dinner? Trying to add more vegetarian meals to your rotation? This Veggie Lo Mein takes about 15 minutes from start to finish and you won’t even miss the meat.
Skip the takeout and make this delicious dish at home.
Ingredients for Veggie Lo Mein
The ingredient list is pretty short for this delicious meatless meal. Add or subtract any veggies to make it your own. Here’s what you are going to need:
Feel free to add more vegetables if you desire. Bell peppers, mushrooms, bean sprouts or snap peas would be delicious additions.
How to Make Veggie Lo Mein
Start by cooking your lo mein noodles according to the package directions. While they are cooking, prep the vegetables.
In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Lo mein comes together quickly so it’s important to have all your elements ready to go.
Heat up a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil. Once hot, add broccoli and carrots then saute for 2 to 3 minutes, until slightly softened.
Add garlic, shredded cabbage and noodles to the wok. Stir around then drizzle in the sauce. Toss well to coat and cook another minute, allowing the cabbage to soften a bit and the sauce to thicken.
This dish is a great option for a quick weeknight meal. It will only take you about 15 minutes to make, not counting the time to get the water boiling.
It also reheats well so it’s great for meal prepping or school lunches.
More Meatless Meals
Veggie Lo Mein
- 8 ounce lo mein noodles
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook lo mein noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, chop veggies and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the vegetable stock, soy sauce, honey and sesame oil.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil to the hot wok. Add broccoli and carrots and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, until slightly softened. Add garlic, shredded cabbage, cooked lo mein noodles and sauce to the wok. Stir together until combined. Cook another minute to soften the cabbage and thicken the sauce. Serve.