This Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is everything you need in a weeknight meal. It’s easy and comes together quickly with just a handful of simple ingredients. Make it for dinner tonight.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is winter comfort food at its finest. We’ve got pasta, a creamy, cheesy sauce and bacon all mixed up and baked in one dish.
Featuring a simple homemade alfredo sauce, ranch seasoned chicken and perfectly crisp bacon, it’s sure to be a family favorite fast.
Ingredients for Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Here’s what you will need to make this cheesy casserole:
Cook the Pasta, Chicken and Bacon
Start by bringing a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta 2 minutes less than package directions. While it’s cooking, prep the bacon and chicken.
Dice the bacon into small pieces. Add to a hot skillet and cook until crispy. Remove from the skillet to a paper towel lined plate. Leave the bacon grease in the skillet.
Dice the chicken into small bite-size pieces. Sprinkle with the ranch seasoning and toss to coat. Add to the hot skillet and saute until cooked through. Set aside while you prepare the sauce.
Make the Sauce
To the same skillet, add the butter and allow it to melt. Add the garlic and saute it for a few minutes, until softened and fragrant. Stir in the heavy cream and bring it to a simmer.
Let it cook for a few minutes to slightly thicken. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
Bring It All Together
Add pasta and chicken to an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. Pour the sauce over and toss together. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese and crispy bacon.
Bake until melty and golden.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this ahead of time? I don’t recommend making this ahead of time. The homemade alfredo will seperate and become oily. That also means leftovers don’t reheat as well.
Can I use different pasta? Yes, you can definitely use a different pasta. I recommend someting short cut with ridges so it can hold all the delicious sauce.
What can I mix in? Broccoli or peas are a great addition to this casserole. If you’re using broccoli, lightly steam it first. Frozen peas can be added straight in.
More Baked Pasta Recipes
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- 4 thick cut slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tablespoons ranch seasoning
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces rotinin pasta
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Cook pasta 2 minutes less than package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced bacon and cook until crisp. Remove from skillet to a paper towel lined plate. Leave bacon grease in the skillet.
- Add chicken to a bowl and sprinkle with ranch seasoning. Stir to coat. Add chicken to hot skillet and cook until no longer pink. About 5 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Remove bacon grease from the skillet and place back on the heat. Add butter and allow to melt. Add garlic and saute until lightly golden and fragrant. Stir in heavy cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Add cooked pasta and chicken to an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. Drizzle in sauce and stir to coat. Sprinkle with crisp bacon and mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Bake for 20 minutes.