This Baked Tortellini Alfredo is the ultimate comfort food. Cheese tortellini tossed in alfredo sauce, topped with mozzarella and baked to perfection.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Gimme all the cheesy pasta. That’s where we’re at right now. And I’m not mad about it.
When cheese stuffed tortellini is tossed with a simple homemade alfredo sauce, topped with shredded mozzarella and baked to golden perfection, well, life is good.
The ingredient list for this baked pasta is super simple. Here’s what you need:
Frozen or fresh tortellini will work for this recipe. Giovanni Rana pasta is my favorite store-bought tortellini and ravioli and what I used in this recipe. I tried the cheese lovers tortellini and it was incredible.
This isn’t sponsored, I just wanted to share a new, delicious find with you. And you can never have too much cheese.
How to Make Baked Tortellini Alfredo
First start by cooking the tortellini according to the package directions. While that’s going on, make the alfredo sauce.
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add garlic and saute for a minute or two, until it starts to soften and becomes fragrant. Add the heavy cream and bring it to a simmer while whisking.
Remove from the heat and whisk in the shredded parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Place the cooked tortellini in an 8×8 (or 9×9) baking dish and drizzle over the alfredo sauce. Toss to coat.
Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with your favorite Italian seasoning. Place it in a hot, toasty oven until golden and bubbly.
You can use whatever kind of tortellini you prefer. We wanted to keep it super cheesy but if you want a little extra protein you can sub in meat filled.
If you have ravioli instead of tortellini, use that instead. It will work just as well.
If you don’t have a lot of time, you can definitely skip the baking step. Just toss the tortellini with the alfredo sauce, sprinkle with a little mozzarella and Italian seasoning and serve.
The stringy bubbly cheese is worth the 20 minutes though. I promise.
More Cheesy Pasta Recipes:
Baked Tortellini Alfredo
- 20 oz. cheese tortellini
- 1 stick butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, make the alfredo sauce. Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add butter and allow to melt. Add garlic and saute for a minute, until slightly softened. Whisk in heavy cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Place cooked tortellini in an 8×8 pan. Pour alfredo sauce over tortellini and stir. Top with shredded mozzarella and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes.