Warm weather calls for this refreshing, tropical Summer Sangria. Sweet moscato wine, tropical juices, coconut rum and delicious fruit meld together to create the tastiest summer drink.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Don’t you want to sit down in a comfy chair and relax with a glass of this Summer Sangria?! It’s bringing all the summer vibes and I’m here for it.
It’s fruity, zingy with citrus and sweet. All the things you want in warm weather.
Summer Sangria Ingredients
Here’s what you’re going to need to make this delicious drink:
I personally love all things coconut but if that’s not your thing you can easily switch out the coconut rum for pineapple rum or just plain rum.
How to Make Summer Sangria
Have you made sangria before? The process is really simple and starts with chopping all your fresh fruit.
Pineapple, oranges and cherries go into this sangria recipe. Before removing the skin from your pineapple, cut two thin rings. Cut the rings into fourths for the garnish and set them aside.
Now you can remove the skin of the pineapple. Cut the pineapple flesh into bite size pieces, being careful to discard the core. Place all the diced pineapple in the bottom of a large pitcher.
Next, thinly slice the oranges. Add half of the orange slices to the pitcher along with the maraschino cherries. The remaining orange slices are for garnish.
Pour in the bottle of moscato, coconut rum, orange juice and pineapple juice. Now comes the important part, let all that goodness soak with the fruit in the refrigerator for a few hours.
If you didn’t plan for the soak time it will still be yummy but it’s definitely better if you have the time for it to soak. This helps the fruit juices release and give it an even more tropical vibe. It also makes the fruit boozy for your snacking later.
Right before serving, add in the lemon lime soda. This keeps it’s bubbly and delicious.
How to Serve
This recipe makes 8 servings of sangria. Divide evenly between 8 wine glasses and garnish them with an orange slice, pineapple quarter and a cherry.
You can stick the fruit on a toothpick and hang it on the edge or cut a slit in each piece and place it directly on the glass.
Sip them directly from the glass or use a fun paper straw to make them extra festive.
Now take it outside and sip it while laying in a lounger. That’s the life.
More Summer Drinks to Try:
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 2 large oranges
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries
- 1 750 mL bottle moscato
- 1/2 cup coconut rum
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup chilled lemon lime soda
- Before removing the skin from the pineapple, cut two thin rings. Cut into fourths and set aside for garnish. Peel and core the rest of the pineapple. Dice into bite size chunks. Place in a large pitcher. Thinly slice the oranges. Set 8 slices aside and place the remaining slices in the pitcher. Add maraschino cherries to pitcher.
- Pour wine, coconut rum, orange juice and pineapple juice into the pitcher. Stir gently. Place in the refrigerator for 4 hours. Before serving, add the lemon lime soda.
- Pour into 8 glasses and garnish with pineapple and orange slices.