This sweet Almond Poppy Seed Bread is an easy, delicious treat to whip up when your sweet tooth strikes. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, snacks and dessert.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
This Almond Poppy Seed Bread has the perfect amount of sweetness. Just enough to make it a dessert but not anything overboard. My favorite kind of treat.
Aren’t quick breads the best? They are quick and easy and you all seem to be loving them right now. This peanut butter banana bread has been super popular on the blog the last several weeks.
I think this will quickly become your new favorite. Especially if you love almond extract as much as I do.
Ingredients for Almond Poppy Seed Bread
The majority of the required ingredients are simple and I’m betting you have most of them on hand. Here’s what you need to grab to make this tasty bread:
If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can easily make your own with a little lemon juice or vinegar. Dump a tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice into a one cup measuring cup.
Fill the rest of the cup with whole milk and let it sit for 5 minutes. Bam. Homemade buttermilk.
Buttermilk adds a little tanginess and makes the bread extra tender. If you don’t have the ingredients to make your own buttermilk you can use regular milk instead.
How to Make Almond Poppy Seed Bread
Making this bread is super quick and easy. Grab two mixing bowls. In the first, combine all the liquid ingredients and whisk them together.
Whisk together the dry ingredients in the second bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently fold them together.
Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake your yummy treat. You end up with a tender, fluffy, sweet almond loaf that the whole family will love.
Perfect Any Time of the Day
Because this Almond Poppy Seed Bread isn’t overly sweet it’s perfect breakfast, snacking or dessert.
I especially love serving it for brunch. It seems a little fancy but is super simple to make. It’s great mixed in with other sweet options and savory too.
More Quick Bread Recipes:
Almond Poppy Seed Bread
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds. In another bowl, whisk together the sugar, buttermilk, oil, eggs and almond extract.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry and gently fold together. Be careful not to overmix. Grease a loaf pan and pour batter into the pan. Sprinkle with toasted almonds. Cover lightly with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.