Simple Air Fryer Chicken Tenders make a delicious weeknight meal that the whole family will love. And they are done in less than 30 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
I love an easy dinner that’s healthy and will make the whole family happy. And that is these Air Fryer Chicken Tenders. They are super easy, quick (less than 30 minutes) and tasty.
Keep this recipe in your back pocket for busy weeknights.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Bread the Crispy Chicken Tenders
In a cake pan or pie plate, crack and whisk the egg. In another pie plate, add the panko, cornflake crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Dip a chicken tender in the whisked egg then move to the bread crumb mixture. Coat both sides well then place on a clean plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken tenders.
Time to Air Fry
Add the tenders to your air fryer in a single layer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to do this in two batches.
Air fry for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through. They will get super crispy on the outside and stay tender inside.
What to Serve with Chicken Tenders
There are so many delicious options to serve alongside these air fryer chicken tenders. If you want to go the traditional tenders and fry route, these air fryer potato wedges or crispy roasted potatoes would be great options.
If you’re looking for veggies, the best side salad or roasted green beans would be tasty. I also love this pickle potato salad as a creamy, starchy side to these tenders.
How to Reheat
If you happen to have any leftovers, you’re going to want to reheat them in the air fryer. This will crisp them back up after being in the refrigerator.
Spritz both sides with nonstick spray then air fry at 350 degrees for 2 to 3 minutes, until heated through.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air fryer
- 1.25 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Grab two pie plates or cake pans (or wide, shallow bowls). Whisk the egg in one of the pans. In the second, combine the panko bread crumbs, corn flake crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Dip both sides of a chicken tender in the whisked egg. Move to the bread crumb mixture and turn to coat. Place on a clean plate. Continue with remaining chicken tenders.
- Place tenders in a single layer in your air fryer. You may need to cook in two batches. Air fry at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time.