Creamy, cheesy enchiladas stuffed with tender chicken make the most delicious fall or winter meal. These simple to make cream cheese chicken enchiladas are sure to become a family favorite.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Homemade comfort food is always something we can use a little of and these Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas totally fit the bill. Shredded chicken and cheese wrapped up in fluffy flour tortillas and topped with a creamy, slighty spicy sauce and baked to golden, bubbly perfection.
It’s the perfect, hearty meal for any occasion.
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
The ingredient list is quick and easy. Here’s what you will need:
Assemble Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Start by shredding your chicken. Like I said above, I like using a rotisserie chicken for this recipe but you can certainly cook some chicken and shred it too.
Mix the chicken with half of the shredded monterey jack. Grab your tortillas and divide the shredded chicken mixture among them. Roll and place seam side down in a greased 13×9 pan.
Mix Up the Sauce
In a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, green chiles and chicken broth. You want this to be super smooth so make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature.
Spread the sauce over the rolled enchiladas then top with the remaining shredded cheese. Bake until golden and bubbly.
These are great as a make ahead meal. You can put the whole pan of enchiladas together then cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
Then when you get home from work all you have to do is throw the pan in the oven. Just be sure to leave them in the oven a few extra minutes to account for them being colder from refrigeration.
You can also assemble and freeze these enchiladas for busy weeknight meals. Make sure to cover tightly with foil before freezing. Place frozen dish in the refrigerator the night before to allow them to thaw.
Easy Comfort Food Dinners
Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 10 6-inch flour tortillas
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 4 ounce can green chiles (undrained)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- green onion, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13×9 pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix shredded chicken and half of the cheese together. Lay out your tortillas and divide the chicken mixture evenly among them. Roll tightly and place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, green chiles (including their juices) and chicken broth. Spread over the prepared enchiladas. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until bubbly and slightly golden. Top with sliced green onions, if desired, and serve.