Sometimes you just need a simple side salad to round out your meal. Get ready for the best side salad using simple ingredients you already have in your refrigerator.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
I love a simpe side salad with all my favorite things and this is it. It’s quick and easy to throw together and will go well with just about anything you’re serving for dinner.
Ingredients for the Best Side Salad
You just need a handful of basic ingredients to make this side salad.
How to Assemble the Best Side Salad
Start by hard boiling your eggs. My favorite way to make them is the 5-5-5 instant pot method.
While the eggs are cooking, prepare the salad ingredients. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Dice bacon into small pieces and add to hot skillet.
Cook until crisp then drain on a paper towel lined plate.
Chop the lettuce into small, bite-size pieces and add to a large salad bowl or portion into small bowls.
Slice cucumber in half lengthwise then into half-moons. Slice tomatoes in half.
Once the eggs are cool enough to handle, peel and chop into small pieces.
Top lettuce with cucumber, tomatoes, egg, croutons and cheese. Drizzle with your favorite dressing and toss to coat.
I gave you a basic salad with all our favorites but feel free to add your favorites to the salad. Here’s some additional topping options that would be delicious.
You get the idea. Base what you add on your main dish and preferences.
My Favorite Salad Dressings
These are my favorite dressings to add to the best side salad.
Best Side Salad
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup cucumber, sliced in half-moons
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Dressing of choice
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Dice bacon into small bite-size pieces. Add to hot skillet and cook until crisp. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- Grab a large bowl or 4 individual bowls for serving. Add lettuce. Top with crispy bacon, chopped hard boiled eggs, shredded carrot, cucumber, tomatoes and croutons. Top with your favorite dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.