Two dinnertime favorite collide with this Pizza Meatloaf. Pizza ingredients throughout the meatloaf and on top puts that pizza flavor over the top.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Are you a fan of meatloaf or kind of meh about it? No matter your feelings, this Pizza Meatloaf is going to be a big hit.
It truly tastes like a big meaty pizza without the crust. If you have a big pizza lover in your family, definitely give this one a try.
Ingredients for Pizza Meatloaf
Here’s what you will need to make this delicious meatloaf:
How to Make Pizza Meatloaf
This comes together just like a traditional meatloaf with just a small twist at the end.
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, ground Italian sausage, finely diced pepperoni, garlic, eggs, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, bread crumbs and half of the mozzarella cheese.
Once the meat mixture is mixed well, place it on a foil lined baking sheet and form into a 10-inch log.
Spread the top of the meatloaf with pizza sauce and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
Make a little tent with aluminum foil and place it over the meatloaf. Be careful that the foil doesn’t touch the cheese. We don’t want any to get lost due to sticking.
During the last 10 to 20 minutes of baking, remove the foil to allow the cheese to become golden brown.
Let the meatloaf rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and enjoying.
My Favorite Pizza Sauce
I used my favorite pizza sauce for this Pizza Meatloaf. You can make your own or buy your favorite at the grocery store.
I went simple, basic and delicious with our Pizza Meatloaf but there are so many other pizza toppings you could add to jazz your recipe up even more.
Here’s some ideas:
So Much Pizza Flavor
Because of the ground sausage and diced pepperoni in the meatloaf, there is SO much pizza flavor. It’s bursting my friends.
The sauce and cheese on top just adds to the pizza vibes.
More Kid Friendly Favorites:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 3/4 cup finely diced pepperoni
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground Italian sausage, diced pepperoni, garlic, eggs, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, bread crumbs and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Place meat mixture on the prepared baking sheet and form into a 10-inch log. Spread pizza sauce over the top of the meatloaf and sprinkle with remaining cup of mozzarella cheese. Create a foil tent and place over the meatloaf, making sure it doesn't touch the cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove the foil and bake an additional 10 to 20 minutes, until no longer pink. The internal temperature should be 160 degrees F.