Need a fun and flavorful chicken wing recipe for the Super Bowl? These Orange Chicken Wings are packed with bright, spicy flavor.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, pleae read my disclosure policy.
With the Super Bowl coming up, I have all the football food on the brain. And what screams football more than chicken wings?!
Even if you’re strictly a fan of buffalo sauce on you’re wings, I think you’ll love this fun and flavorful twist.
With two cooking methods included, oven baked or air fried, everyone will be able to cook up a big batch of these orange chicken wings for the big game.
Ingredients for Orange Chicken Wings
How to Make Orange Chicken Wings
I’m going to include two methods for making these wings. You can use an air fryer if you have one or you can bake them in the oven.
Both are delicious, crispy options so use whichever method you prefer.
How to Cook in the Air Fryer
With both methods, start by patting dry the wings very well. This helps ensure they get as crispy as possible.
Season with lemon pepper on both sides. Place wings in a single layer in yoru air fryer.
Cook at 390 degrees F for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time. They will become SO crispy and perfect.
How to Cook in the Oven
Pat dry and season the wings. Place an oven safe cooling rack on top of a rimmed baking sheet. Spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
Place the wings on the prepared rack and bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through the baking time.
Make the Orange Sauce
While the wings are baking or air frying, make the sauce. Add all the sauce ingredients, except for the cornstarch and water, to a small saucepan and whisk well.
Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes, ensuring all the brown sugar has dissolved.
Whisk together cold water and cornstarch in a small bowl then add to the saucepan. Whisk well and simmer the sauce until thick and glossy. Remove from the heat.
Finishing Touches for the Orange Chicken Wings
Once the wings are cooked, toss them with the orange sauce. Place on a big platter.
Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
More Wing Recipes to Try:
Orange Chicken Wings
- 10 chicken wings
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
- sliced green onion, for garnish
For the orange sauce:
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2-1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. cold water
- Air Fryer instructions: Pat chicken wings dry. Sprinkle both sides with lemon pepper. Place in single layer in the air fryer. Cook at 390 degrees for 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes.
- For oven baked wings: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Pat chicken wings dry. Sprinkle both sides with lemon pepper. Place an oven proof rack onto a rimmed baking sheet. Spray with nonstick spray. Place wings on rack and bake for 20 minutes. Flip and bake another 20 minutes.
- For the orange sauce: add orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and red pepper flakes to a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and cold water. Add cornstarch slurry to the sauce pan and whisk in. Simmer 1 to 2 minutes, until thickened and glossy.
- Toss wings with the orange sauce, top with green onion and serve.