This Blackened Chicken Alfredo will blow your tastebuds away. Homemade blackening seasoning and a super simple alfredo sauce combines to make the ultimate 30 minute meal.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
I am so excited to share this recipe with you today. If you dig creamy, cheesy pasta and tender, flavor packed chicken this one is definitely for you.
Alfredo Sauce in a Snap
Have you ever made homemade alfredo sauce? If you haven’t, you are going to be shocked at just how easy it is to make. You only need 4 simple ingredients and it tastes SO much better than anything in a jar.
All you need is garlic, butter, heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Because the ingredient list is so short, it’s pretty important to use high quality ingredients to get those delicious, restaurant quality results.
Fresh garlic is key since it adds so much flavor. Please skip the jarred stuff for this recipe. Grab a triangle of parmesan cheese and shred it yourself with a microplane for the best results.
The preshredded stuff is super convenient but they toss it in some weird ingredient to keep it from sticking together and that makes it not melt well into a sauce.
To make the alfredo sauce, melt the butter then saute the garlic in the butter for a few minutes over low heat. Make sure not to burn the garlic, it will taste bitter.
Stir in the heavy cream and let it simmer for a few minutes to thicken. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the shredded parmesan cheese. That’s it. So easy and delicious.
Homemade Blackening Seasoning
You can certainly choose to purchase a premade blackening seasoning from the grocery store but I’m pretty sure when you see how easy it is to make at home, you’ll be sold.
Plus, when you make it yourself you control the ingredients and just how spicy it will be. Blackening seasoning can range from a little spicy to packing a major punch.
I’ve included a range in the amount of cayenne pepper to add depending on how spicy you like things. If you want to keep it on the milder side, put in the smallest amount. If you like it spicy, go big.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your homemade blackening seasoning:
Mix up the spices and store it in an airtight jar. Double or triple the batch to keep it on hand for everyday use.
Putting Blackened Chicken Alfredo Together
After you’ve made the blackening seasoning, sprinkle it over the chicken and press it lightly into the boneless skinless chicken. We’re using thin cutlets to keep the cook time quick and even.
Toss al dente fetticine with the alfredo sauce and top with the blackened chicken. Serve with some steamed broccoli on the side for the ultimate weeknight meal.
I love that this dish is fancy but done in 30 minutes. You can serve it to your kids or fancy guests. Definite winner.
More Weeknight Wonders:
Blackened Chicken Alfredo
For the Blackening Seasoning:
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4-3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
For the Alfredo:
- 12 oz. fettucine pasta
- 1 stick butter
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 4 thin cut chicken cutlets
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Mix together the blackening seasoning ingredients. Set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, cook pasta one minute less than the package directions.
- Meanwhile, make the alfredo sauce. Melt the butter in a large skillet over low heat. Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add the heavy cream and turn the burner to medium heat. Allow to simmer and thicken for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Remove the pasta from the water and toss in the skillet with the alfredo sauce. Place on warm burner while cooking the chicken.
- Heat another skillet, preferably a cast iron skillet, over medium heat. Sprinkle each chicken breast with a generous amount of blackening seasoning, about 1 teaspoon per side of chicken. Add olive oil to skillet. Once hot, add chicken and sear for about 2 minutes per side. Remove from skillet, slice and serve over pasta.