Crispy Buffalo Chicken Tenders are just what you need this week. Spicy, juicy, crispy perfection for snacking or dinnertime.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
I loooove anything buffalo and I hope you all feel the same way. I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t have stuck around for this long if you didn’t agree because I can pretty much find a way to make anything buffalo. And I pretty much have. Meatballs, popcorn, tacos, sheet pan dinners, fries. I wasn’t joking guys. Now I want all those things.
But most of all, I want these crispy buffalo chicken tenders. RIGHT NOW.
I know I’m not reinventing the wheel here but sometimes you’ve got to cave to a craving and perfect a classic. Am I right?! And there’s not much better in this world than a super crispy chicken tender doused in spicy buffalo sauce.
Ingredients for Crispy Buffalo Chicken Tenders
The crunch factor is of course very important here. To make sure the crunch on these bad boys is off the charts, I use an altered dredging method. It adds some major crunchy bits throughout these chicken tenders in a super simple way.
All you do is drizzle a little hot sauce into the second dredge of flour. Because just a small amount is mixed in, you end up with clumpy, lumpy bits of flour throughout the mixture. When those babies are fried the little bits add a crazy amount of crunch.
Then toss them in a super simple buffalo sauce for the perfect crispy buffalo chicken tender.
So Many Reasons to Make These Crispy Buffalo Chicken Tenders
For me, there doesn’t need to be a “good” reason to make these buffalo chicken tenders. I mean, it’s crispy, spicy chicken. It’s always time for that.
If you need some good game day food in your life, these totally fit the bill. They can also keep you company while binge watching your new favorite show.
But really, you don’t need an excuse to make them. Buffalo anytime is really the answer.
More Must Try Buffalo Recipes:
Crispy Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Vegetable oil, for frying
For the Chicken Tenders:
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken tenderloins
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp. hot sauce, divided
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
For the Buffalo Sauce:
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (Franks is my favorite)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Heat a few inches of oil in a deep sided pan to 350 degrees F. Line up three shallow rimmed plates or pie plates. Add 1/3 cup flour to the first and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add egg and 2 tablespoons of hot sauce to the second plate and whisk together. Add remaining 1 cup flour along with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, pepper and salt. Mix well then drizzle with remaining tablespoon of hot sauce. Mix together, making the flour clumpy (this gives you extra crispy bits so this is what you want).
- Dredge the chicken tenderloins in the plain flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture then in the second flour mixture (with hot sauce in it). Place on a plate and continue until all chicken is coated. Let sit for 5 minutes while you make the buffalo sauce.
- Add butter, hot sauce and garlic powder to a small saucepan over low heat. Allow butter to melt and stir to combine. Leave to simmer while chicken cooks. Once oil is hot, add chicken to oil and fry for 3 minutes per side or until golden and crispy. Remove to a wire rack to drain. Toss chicken tenders with buffalo sauce and eat immediately.