Looking for a sweet and zingy dessert perfect for spring? These Strawberry Lemonade Bars are quick to make and start with a lemon cake mix.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
I love a shortcut dessert. Sometimes you want a quick and easy treat and it’s great when a store-bought item can help you out.
These bars feature a boxed cake mix then add in some additional ingredients to make them special.
The delicious combo of strawberry and lemon make them perfect for spring and summer gatherings. How perfect would they be for a picnic?!
Ingredients for Strawberry Lemonade Bars
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade Bars
These strawberry lemon bars are quick and easy to make. Start by dumping the cake mix in a large bowl and set it aside.
Add the freeze-dried strawberries to a food processor and pulse until they become a fine powder. Dump them into the bowl with the cake mix.
Add the eggs and oil to the mixture and stir until combined. It will be thick. Press into a greased 8×8 or 9×9 pan and bake.
Once baked and cooled, make the glaze. Whisk together powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest. Drizzle and smooth over the bars for a pucker-worthy treat.
These bars aren’t like lemon bars but more like a cake bar. Since they start with cake mix, they are chewier.
They also use less ingredients than the box mix calls for which creates a more dense, almost brownie like texture to these bars. With the creamy glaze on top, you have the perfect amount of chewy and gooey.
More Strawberry Desserts
Strawberry Lemonade Bars
- 2 1.2 oz. bag freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 15.25 oz. box lemon cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×8 pan with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place freeze-dried strawberries in a food processor and pulse until they become a fine powder. Add to a large bowl. Add lemon cake mix, eggs and oil. Stir until well combined. The mixture will be thick. Press into the prepared pan. Bake for 17-22 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the bars cool, make the glaze. Whisk together powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and zest. If the glaze is too thick, add another tablespoon of lemon juice. Drizzle and smooth over cooled bars. Slice and serve.