Save up your Rolo candies this Halloween for this delicious treat. Rolo Brownies are simple to make with only one bowl. Add an extra caramel drizzle if you’re fancy.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
If you’re looking for a simple dessert that you can throw together in minutes (with barely any dishes), these Rolo Brownies are a must.
The batter comes together in one bowl and the hardest part is unwrapping all the rolos from their foil.
So make sure to raid your kids Halloween buckets and get to baking.
Ingredients for Rolo Brownies
Here’s what you’ll need to whip up these chocolatey caramel brownies:
One Pan or Bowl Needed
These brownies are super simple to make and will only dirty one bowl or pan. Start by melting the butter. You can do this in a large saucepan (that will fit all your ingredients) or in a large bowl in the microwave.
Whisk in the cocoa powder then the sugar until smooth and combined. Add the eggs and vanilla, whisking again until combined.
Add dry ingredients and fold together with a spatula until the batter just comes together.
Press an unwrapped rolo into the center of each brownie batter filled muffin cup. Bake until cooked through.
You’ve Got Options
Use the same amount of rolos and make 4 rows with 4 rolos in each row. After they are baked, slice into 16 servings ensuring each one has a rolo in the center.
Make Them Pretty
While these brownies are absolutely delicious, they aren’t the prettiest on their own. They kind of sink in the middle where the rolo is pushed into the batter.
If you’re just enjoying them at home, no big deal. But if you are bringing them somewhere or serving them to guests, you might want to decorate them a bit.
Drizzle the cooled brownie bites with your favorite store-bought caramel sauce. I love using a salted caramel sauce.
Mix It Up
If you don’t have rolos on hand, no worries. These are delicious with all different kinds of candies.
Another favorite of ours is a mini peanut butter cup. Mini peppermint patties are also an amazing choice for a chocolate mint situation.
You can also chop up a snickers, milky way or any other favorite chocolate candy bar.
More Desserts for Chocolate Lovers
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 rolos, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in cocoa powder. Turn off stove and remove from heat. Stir in granulated sugar. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, fill 3/4 of the way. You will end up with 16 brownie bites. Press a rolo into the center of each brownie. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean (make sure you don't check the center as you'll get the rolo).
- Let cool for 5 minutes then remove from muffin pan. Before serving, drizzle with caramel sauce if desired.