I combined two favorite summer desserts, cheesecake and strawberry pie, to make the most delicious treat, Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie. A fluffy, no-bake cheesecake filling topped with classic strawberry pie filling will have you addicted in no time.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
If this Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie doesn’t scream summer to you, I don’t know what to tell you.
It’s cool. It’s creamy. It’s topped with the best seasonal berry around. I want it all and I want it now.
Ingredients for Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
Make the Graham Cracker Crust
You can either use store-bought graham cracker crumbs or pulse up your own in a food processor. I usually opt for pulsing my own to make sure they are super fresh.
Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and granulated sugar together and press into a 10-inch springform pan.
Bake until lightly golden then remove from the oven to let cool while you preparing the rest of the pie.
Make the No-Bake Cream Cheese Filling
Make sure the cream cheese blocks are at room temperature. This is super important to ensure the filling is creamy and silky. Any chill on the cream cheese will create a chunky, uncohesive filling.
Add the cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and whip for 2 to 3 minutes, until lightened and fluffy.
Fold in the Cool Whip by hand. This will help keep the light, fluffy texture of the Cool Whip. Spread carefully in the cooled graham cracker crust. Set aside.
Make the Strawberry Pie Topping
Start by slicing your strawberries so they are ready to go. I like to slice them thinly so you get a nice bit in every bite.
In a small saucepan, whisk together the strawberry jello mix, granulated sugar and cornstarch. Once fully combined, whisk in water and put over medium-low heat.
Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened and glossy. Remove from the heat and stir in the strawberries.
Spread the strawberry pie filling over the cream cheese layer. Cover the pie and refrigerate to allow it to set and cool.
This strawberry cream cheese pie is best after it’s been in the refrigerator for a few hours, I recommend at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
It solidifies the filling more and it just tastes better fully chilled. The time also gives the strawberry filling time to fully set.
I don’t recommend using frozen thawed strawberries in place of the fresh strawberries. They would be very soggy and the jello may not set up properly.
There are some subs you could use for the graham crackers to mix things up. Instead of standard graham crackers, you could use chocolate ones instead for a delicious chocolate strawberry feeling.
Classic, lemon or golden Oreos would also be a delicious swap for the crust.
More Summery Desserts
Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
For the graham cracker crust:
- 2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 8 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 5 Tbsp. granulated sugar
For the cream cheese layer:
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip
For the strawberry layer:
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. strawberry jello mix
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For the crust: mix together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and 5 tablespoons sugar. Press into a 10-inch springform pan. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- For the cream cheese layer: add cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer. Using paddle attachment, cream until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until well combined and slightly fluffy, about 3 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the Cool Whip. This will help keep it light and fluffy. Spread into the baked crust. Set aside.
- For the strawberry layer: add 3 tablespoons sugar, jello mix and cornstarch to a small saucepan and whisk well. Add water and whisk until smooth. Put over medium-low heat and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and glossy. It doesn't not need to be as thick as in the pictures, it will continue to thicken as it cools. Stir in the strawberries. Spread over the cream cheese layer.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or up to overnight.