Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie is the ultimate dessert – chocolate chip cookie dough crust, cookie dough ice cream, Cool Whip, chocolate fudge, mini chocolate chips and crumbled cookies.
I hope you all love cookie dough because this pie is stuffed to the brim with all the chocolate chip cookie dough goodness.
This cookie dough ice cream pie starts with store-bought chocolate chip cookie dough for the base of the pie. I went with the package of individual cookies for two reasons. My store didn’t have the tubes of it and because the recipe saves a few cookies for cooking and crumbling on top of the pie at the end.
If you’re feeling ambitious you can totally make your own cookie dough but the store-bought stuff works great for this recipe.
Another note on the crust. If you don’t remove it from the pan to completely cool it will become completely stuck to the bottom of the pie plate once it’s frozen. There are two options you can follow to remedy this issue (trust me, it happened on my first testing).
Option one is baking the cookie dough in a greased pie plate then removing it completely from the pie plate to cool then putting it back in the pie plate to assemble the pie.
The second option is to bake it in a disposable foil pie plate. Then you can simply peel the foil away to slice it into pieces. Whatever you do, do not bake it in the pan, let it cool in the pan and proceed with the building of the pie. You’ll end up hacking away at frozen cookie crust and it will end in sadness.
Once the cookie is baked and cooled, it gets a healthy layer of softened chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream followed by a smear of Cool Whip. If you’re real legit, you could make your own cookie dough ice cream for this pie. I went store-bought all the way.
Another fun part of this pie is the garnishes. I went with all the things because more is more. A sprinkle of mini chocolate chips happen first. Then I went with a good drizzle of chocolate fudge Magic Shell. You can use regular chocolate syrup or fudge here but I love Magic Shell so much.
Then the extra few cookies come into play. Crumble those bad boys over the top of the cookie dough ice cream pie to completely put it over the top and make sure every layer involves cookie dough.
I’m an ice cream any time kind of girl so I’m down with this ice cream pie in the frigid weather we’re having around here. If you aren’t make sure to pin it for all the spring and summer potlucks and parties.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie
- 16 1/2 oz. refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (individual cookies, not tube)
- 3 cups chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream
- 1 cup cool whip, thawed
- Chocolate Fudge Magic Shell
- Mini chocolate chips, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a pie plate. Remove two cookies from the cookie dough then press the remaining dough into the prepared pie plate. Place the remaining cookies on a cookie sheet.
- Bake the single cookies for 11 minutes. Bake the cookie dough in the pie plate for 24 minutes. When the cookie dough (in the pie plate) is done remove from the oven. Using a metal measuring cup, press down on the dough forming a little lip around the edges. Run a knife around the edges of the pie plate and carefully remove the cookie from the pie plate. Allow to cool completely on a rack.
- While the cookie is cooling, remove cookie dough ice cream from the freezer and allow to soften for about 20 minutes. Once the cookie is cool, place back in the pie plate. Spread the softened ice cream over the cookie. Spread the cool whip over the ice cream. Drizzle with desired amount of magic shell, sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and crumble the single cookies over the pie. Cover tightly with plastic wrap then with foil. Place back in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
Subscribe to our mailing list