These cheeseburger egg rolls are the tastiest football food fusion. Juicy ground beef, pickles and cheese wrapped in an egg roll wrapper and fried to perfection.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Imagine a cheeseburger encased in a crispy shell that you can dunk in burger sauce. Yep, we’re making that. And I think you are going to love it.
Egg rolls are something our whole family loves and they are easier to make at home than you may think. And they are totally customizable according to your tastes.
Ingredients for Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
Between the egg rolls and the delicious dipping sauce, you only need a handful of ingredients to pull everything together. Here’s what you are going to need:
Prepare the Filling
Start by heating a large skillet over medium heat. Once it’s hot, add the ground beef and break it up with a wooden spoon.
Once it’s mostly cooked, stir in worcestershire sauce, mustard, ketchup, salt, garlic powder and onion powder. Cook until ground beef is no longer pink in the center. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped pickles.
Fill and Roll Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
Lay out an egg roll wrapper with a corner pointing at you. Lay out half a slice of cheese in the middle of the wrapper then top with three tablespoons of filling.
Fold in two corners then roll tightly. When you get to the edge, wet the corner with water and finish rolling. Press corner in to seal. Continue until they are all wrapped up.
Fry Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
Add an inch of oil to a heavy bottom skillet or cast iron skillet. Heat until it reaches 350 degrees F.
Add egg rolls in a single layer and fry until golden on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for another two to three minutes, until golden. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and fry another batch.
The Easiest Dipping Sauce
To make a delicious burger sauce for dipping you are going to need mayo, ketchup, chopped pickles (or relish) and garlic powder.
Combine everything in a bowl and mix until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I keep these warm for a party? Heat your oven to 200 degrees. Place fried egg rolls on a baking rack on top of a baking sheet and keep in the oven until ready to serve.
What’s the best way to reheat cheeseburger egg rolls? If you have an air fryer, that’s my favorite way to reheat the egg rolls. Place in air fryer and cook for 5 minutes at 360 degrees. If you don’t have an air fryer, heat oven to 400 degrees F and bake for 5 minutes.
Can I make the dipping sauce ahead of time? Yes! It actually tastes better if you make it few hours early so it has time for all the flavors to mingle together.
I don’t want to fry them. How else can I cook them? If you don’t want to fry in oil, you can cook them in an air fryer or bake them instead but just know they won’t get as crispy. To air fry: spray with olive oil spray and cook at 360 for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. To bake: Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray and bake at 425 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
More Football Snacks
Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
For the burger sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped pickle
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
For the egg rolls:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup chopped pickles
- 6 slices American cheese
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Whisk together burger sauce ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and break up with a wooden spoon. Once it's almost cooked, add Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ketchup, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and chopped pickles. Stir well. Continue to cook until ground beef is no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- Lay out an egg roll wrapper. Add half a slice of cheese to the center. Top the cheese with 3 tablespoons of ground beef filling. Fold in two ends. Bring up another and fold over the filling, rolling tightly until you almost get to the end. Wet the edge of the egg roll wrapper then finish rolling, making sure it's sealed. Continue until you run out of filling.
- Add 1 inch of oil to a large skillet. Heat over medium heat. Once oil reaches 350 degrees F, add egg rolls. Cook for two to three minutes per side, until golden brown. Place on a paper towel lined plate. Continue until all are fried. Enjoy immediately.