Get ready for the cheesiest grilled cheese of your life. This 4 Cheese Grilled Cheese is packed with a few favorites and a few surprises to make the ultimate sandwich.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Like the good midwesterner that I am, I love a good crispy, gooey grilled cheese. Especially when the temperatures start to drop.
And this 4 Cheese Grilled Cheese?! There’s no comparing, it’s just the best.
Ingredients for 4 Cheese Grilled Cheese
How to Make the Perfect Grilled Cheese
Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. I love using a cast iron skillet when making grilled cheeses. It gives them an extra crunch factor.
Start out by spreading the outside of the bread with a little mayo. Make sure the whole surface is completely covered to ensure it gets evenly crispy.
Put the bread mayo side down to assemble the sandwiches. Spread one slice of the sandwich with cream cheese then sprinkle with sharp cheddar, pepper jack and colby jack cheeses.
Put the top piece of bread, mayo side on the outside to assemble. Grill the sandwich until golden brown on the outside and melted to gooey perfection on the inside.
A New Family Favorite
I can think of so many reasons to make this grilled cheese. Need an easy dinner? 4 Cheese Grilled Cheese.
Snow day? You always need a grilled cheese (it’s tradition here at our house).
Kids having a sleepover? I don’t think I’ve met a kid that wouldn’t love this sandwich.
What to Have with Your Grilled Cheese
If you want to go the traditional comfort food route, tomato soup is definitely the way to go.
This is my favorite tomato soup. The recipe calls for tortellini which you can keep for more carby goodness or leave out for soup dunking perfection. Your call.
If you want to add some veggies to the meal, this salad with all the fall vibes is a great side option.
More Sandwiches You Need in Your Life Right Now:
4 Cheese Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 Tbsp. mayo
- 2 Tbsp. whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup colby jack cheese
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-low heat.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of mayo onto each slice of bread. Lay bread down, mayo side down, onto a plate or cutting board. Spread two slices of bread with a tablespoon of whipped cream cheese each.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of sharp cheddar, pepper jack and colby jack onto each of the cream cheese covered pieces of bread. Take the top pieces of bread and assemble the sandwiches, mayo side out.
- Place in hot skillet and cook until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Check often to make sure you don't burn them. Flip and cook again until golden and the cheese is melted.