This one bowl easy pumpkin bread is perfect to start off your fall baking. It’s sweet and spiced and perfectly moist.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
I’m ready for ALL the fall flavors and we’re starting with my favorite of all, pumpkin. Not only is this pumpkin bread packed with all the fall vibes but it’s ridiculously easy to make too.
Enjoy this for breakfast, as a snack or a late night dessert. There really isn’t a bad time to enjoy this tender pumpkin bread.
Ingredients for Easy Pumpkin Bread
Only One Bowl Needed
I love an easy baking recipe and this pumpkin bread is just that. All you need is a big bowl, a spatula and measuring cups and spoons.
Start by mixing all the wet ingredients and granulated sugar in a bowl. Once combined, add dry ingredients and gently stir together until the batter just comes together.
Make sure you don’t overmix. This ensures a light, tender bread.
Divide the batter among two greased loaf pans and you’re ready to bake.
If the bread starts to brown too much towards the end of baking, lightly place a piece of foil over the top for the rest of the baking time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make just one loaf? Yes, this recipe is really easy to cut in half. There is a feature on the recipe card that will even do the math for you. Simply change the serving size to 1 and it will adjust the ingredient list. Use one cup of pumpkin (it will state 1/2 can).
How do I store the pumpkin bread? Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
How long is this bread good? It will be good for about 5 days when properly stored.
Can I freeze the baked pumpkin bread? Yes! Once cool, wrap tightly in plastic wrap then in foil. Place in a freezer-safe bag and store up to 2 months. To defrost, set on the counter for a few hours or place in the fridge overnight.
What’s your favorite way to eat this bread? I love a thick slab warmed up and slathered in salted butter.
More Pumpkin Recipes
Easy Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two loaf pans well with nonstick spray. Set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, eggs, water, pumpkin and sugar. Once well combined, add dry ingredients and fold until the batter just comes together.
- Divide batter evenly among the prepared loaf pans. Bake in preheated oven for about an hour. Check center with toothpick or skewer to make sure they are cooked through.