No bake pumpkin cheesecake filling piled high in crispy mini phyllo cups to make these adorable Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites. They are easy as can be and perfect for fall.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy here.
I’m in full-on pumpkin mode. I’ve made pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cookies, tried the pumpkin cold brew at Starbucks and now the mini pumpkin cheesecake bites. I AM HERE for it. I hope you are too because I have a few recipes coming in hot for you in the upcoming weeks.
These cute little bites start off with store-bought mini phyllo shells. I’ve never used them before but I’ve been wanting to use them in a fun, simple recipe. What better than a no-bake pumpkin cheesecake situation.
You can find the mini phyllo shells in the freezer section, usually with the premade pies and crusts. You’re going to follow the directions on the box for baking them. It will only take about 8 minutes for them to become perfectly crisp.
While the shells are baking, whip up the no-bake pumpkin cheesecake filling. You can either do this by hand or use an electric mixer. The filling consists of softened cream cheese, brown sugar, pumpkin puree (not the pumpkin pie filling), pumpkin pie spice and Cool Whip.
I always make my own pumpkin pie spice. First, because it is waycheaper than buying the pre-mixed stuff. And second, because I always have the necessary ingredients on hand. If you’re a somewhat regular baker, I’m betting you have everything you need too.
I used cool whip in the recipe to keep it quick and simple but you can also substitute homemade whipped cream if desired.
Once the phyllo shells are cooled, the cheesecake filling is piped into them. I kept it super easy and piled the filling into a ziplock bag, made sure all the air was out of the bag and zipped it closed. Snip a small bit off the corner of one of the bags and boom, you have a piping bag.
Fill those cute little shells and top with a small dollop of Cool Whip and maybe a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Make sure to serve these mini pumpkin cheesecake right away as the filling will cause the phyllo cups to get soggy after an hour or so. Nobody wants a soggy mini cheesecake.
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
- 30 premade phyllo shells (found in freezer section)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 tps. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup Cool Whip, plus more for garnish
- Bake phyllo shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, make the pumpkin cheesecake filling. Beat together cream cheese, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and Cool Whip. Place in a ziplock bag and place in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes while the shells cool.
- Snip a small corner off the ziplock bag. Pipe into the cooled phyllo shells. Top with more Cool Whip, if desired. Serve immediately (they will get soggy after an hour or so).
September 30, 2019 at 6:39 pm
I’ll be right over!!!