This Minestrone Soup with Cheese Ravioli is sure to become a fall favorite. A classic soup with a fun, cheesy twist.
Do you have a favorite soup? I’m always down with a soup that has some kind of carby element. Pasta, rice, potatoes, I’m not picky. So this Minestrone Soup with Cheese Ravioli is obviously right up my alley. I’m hoping you guys feel the same way.
Updating a Classic
I love a classic minestrone soup but you know what I love even more? A minestrone soup that has a ridiculous amount of tender, cheesy ravioli floating around in it.
This tasty soup has all the elements of a traditional minestrone – a tomatoey broth, vegetables, kidney beans and pasta. I just updated the traditional ditalini pasta with cheese ravioli. It’s kind of a major upgrade and I’m here for it.
I prefer the fresh ravioli you can find near the dairy or meat section of your grocery store for this recipe. They are quick cooking and result in the perfect al dente texture. If you can’t find fresh, frozen will totally work too.
Another 30 Minute Wonder
If you’ve been around for a while, you know I’m all about a 30 minute dinner. We don’t need more craziness on a weeknight. This minestrone soup is another option to add to your weeknight arsenal.
Extra bonus: it tastes like it’s been simmering all day long. Nobody has to know otherwise so keep that little tid bit to yourself.
This recipe makes a good amount of soup so plan on having lots of yummy leftovers for lunches throughout the week. It reheats well and tastes just like the first day. You’ve got to love that.
Meatless Monday Must
I’ve been trying to make more meatless meals in our home for a variety of reasons but some of the “complaints” I get are that they may not be as filling. That is not something you have to worry about with this soup.
The cheesy ravioli make this minestrone soup super hearty along with the kidney beans and veggies. You honestly won’t even miss the meat on this one.
So whether you’re a vegetarian or just trying to reduce your meat consumption, this soup is definitely for you.
You could add shredded chicken or ground beef to this soup if you want some added bulk but I really don’t think it is necessary.
This soup is a great way to use up the last bits of veggies in your crisper. Oh, and all that tomato broth goodness? You definitely need a roll for dunking and sopping it up.
More Hearty Soups You Need In Your Life:
- Instant Pot Mexican Stew
- Cheesy Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- 5 Bean Vegetarian Chili
- Slow Cooker Potato Corn Chowder
Minestrone Soup with Cheese Ravioli
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrot (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup sliced celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini (sliced into half moons)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 16 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 20 oz. package refrigerated cheese ravioli
- Heat a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add olive oil. Once hot, add onion, carrot and celery. Saute for 3 minutes. Add zucchini and salt and cook another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with basil, thyme and oregano.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, vegetable stock and beans. Bring to a simmer. Add ravioli and cook for 7 minutes (or amount of time listed on the package).