Fire up your Ooni pizza oven because we’re making Italian Meat Lovers Pizza. Loaded with Italian meats and cheeses, it’s a pizza the whole family will love.
This post is sponsored by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
I am so excited to team up with Rhodes again this month to bring you a delicious recipe made in my Ooni pizza oven. Do you have an Ooni? I got one for Christmas and my pizza game is on a whole new level now.
Combine that with delicious Rhodes dough and there’s nowhere to go but up. The perfect yeasty flavor of Rhodes dough combines so nicely with all the pizza toppings. It’s my favorite way to make a homemade pizza on a busy weeknight.
Thaw and roll out Rhodes dinner rolls, top with your favorite pizza sauce and a collection of Italian meats and cheeses for the ultimate meat lovers pizza. Your pizza nights will never be the same.
Ingredients for Meat Lovers Pizza
The ingredient list is short and sweet for this tasty little pizza. Here’s what you are going to need:
Prepare the Crust
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place one frozen roll in the center then equally space the remaining rolls in a circle around it.
Make sure to leave some space between each one for them to have space to rise. Rise according to the package directions.
Once risen, flip onto a floured surface and gently press them together. Now roll the rolls into a large circle.
Because the Ooni cooks pizza so fast, you’ll want to roll out the dough as thinly as possible to ensure it cooks through.
Assemble the Meat Lovers Pizza
Cover your pizza peel with a good layer of flour. You want to make sure there’s enough so that it doesn’t stick when you’re sliding it into the Ooni.
Spread pizza sauce over the crust then sprinkle with the cheeses. Top with the Italian meats next.
Another important tip when cooking in the Ooni is to make sure your pizza isn’t too topping heavy. If there’s too many toppings it’ll be difficult to slide off the peel.
Fire up your ooni according to the manufacturers directions. It will vary depending on your model so make sure to read up on how to get yours started.
We’re aiming for a temperature of 750 to 800 degrees F (370 to 425°C). Because the temperature is so high, the pizza will only take about 2 minutes to cook.
Once the Ooni is hot, carefully slide your pizza off the peel into the Ooni. Every thirty seconds, rotate the pizza until all four sides have cooked.
Use the peel to slide out the pizza and put it on a cutting board. Slice into the desired amount of pieces and serve immediately.
No Ooni? No Problem!
Although I completely adore this pizza cooked in my Ooni, you can definitely cook it in your oven if you don’t own one or if it’s too windy outside.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Bake on a pizza pan for 10 to 12 minutes. The edges won’t get that glorious wood fired goodness but it will still be so tasty.
More Pizza Recipes
This post is sponsored by Rhodes Bake-n-Serv. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Italian Meat Lovers Pizza
- Ooni Pizza Oven
- 7 Rhodes dinner rolls
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mozzarella
- 2 pieces prosciutto, ripped into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp. diced salami
- 1/4 cup pepperoni
- Line a baking sheet with parchmet paper. Add one roll to the center than place remaining 6 rolls in a circle around it. Leave space between each one to rise. Spray a piece of plastic wrap with nonstick spray and cover rolls lightly. Rise according to package directions.
- After rolls have risen, preheat your Ooni. You'll want a temperature between 750 to 800 degrees F. If you are baking in the oven, preheat to 425 degrees F.
- Flip the risen rolls onto a floured surface. Press the rolls together to form a circle then roll out as thinly as possible. Flour a pizza peel well then transfer dough to the peel. Spread sauce on the dough. Top with cheeses then prosciutto, salami and pepperoni.
- Carefully slide pizza into the hot Ooni. Cook for 30 seconds then rotate a quarter. Cook another 30 seconds and rotate another quarter. Repeat this process until the whole pizza has been rotated. If baking inside, bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove pizza from the Ooni and slide onto a cutting board. Slice and serve.