Looking for a delicious breakfast or fun dinner? These Mini Breakfast Pizzas start with a store-bought biscuit crust, topped with a simple sausage gravy, fluffy scrambled eggs and cheese.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
We love practically any kind of pizza around here but I have a special love for a breakfast pizza. I don’t know who thought of adding breakfast food to pizza but I’m here for it.
These mini breakfast pizzas are easier than you may think and are bursting with several breakfast classics.
Ingredients for Breakfast Pizza
Here’s what you will need to grab at the grocery store to make these mini breakfast pizzas:
Prepare the Biscuits
Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray. Open the can of biscuits and remove them from the packaging.
Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet and press lightly with your fingers until the biscuits are about 1/2-inch thick. Set the baking sheet aside while you prepare all the toppings for the pizza.
Make the Gravy
Cook the sausage until it’s browned and crispy. Now comes the gravy. Leave the sausage grease in the skillet and sprinkle the flour over the sausage. Stir and cook for 1 minute to get that raw flour taste out.
Stir in the milk, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often until the gravy is thick and creamy. Set aside.
Whisk the eggs in a small bowl. Spray a clean skillet with nonstick spray and pour in the scrambled eggs.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until they are done. I like them light and fluffy for these mini breakfast pizzas.
Assemble the Mini Breakfast Pizzas
Divide the gravy among the prepared biscuit dough rounds. Top each with scrambled eggs.
In a bowl, combine the shredded mozzarella and shredded cheddar. Sprinkle over the pizzas.
Bake until the cheese is melted and the bottom of the biscuits are golden. Remove from the oven and enjoy. Sprinkle with green onions if desired.
Breakfast for Dinner
These are of course delicious for breakfast or brunch but they are even better for a breakfast for dinner situation.
Not only are they super simple to make but they are really filling too. They also reheat pretty well so they are great to have for dinner and leftover the next morning.
More Savory Breakfast Favorites
Mini Breakfast Pizzas
- 1 can (large 8 count) homestyle or buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 lb. breakfast sausage
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Place biscuits on the baking sheet, spaced apart. Press down biscuits until they are about 1/2-inch thick. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add breakfast sausage and break up with a wooden spoon. Cook until browned and crisp. Sprinkle with flour, stir and cook 1 minute. Add milk to the skillet and stir well to incorporate. Cook, stirring constantly, until the gravy has thickened. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat another skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick spray. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Pour the eggs into the hot skillet and season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Scramble until cooked through.
- Mix the cheeses in a bowl. Top the prepared biscuit crusts with sausage gravy. Evenly divide the eggs over each pizza. Top each with cheese. Bake for about 12 minutes, until cheese is melted and the bottom of the biscuits are golden.