This simple Ground Beef Taco Salad is packed with fresh vegables, black beans and ground beef to make an easy, filling dinner. Top with crushed nacho cheese doritos and salsa ranch for all the flavor.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Whether you’re looking for an easy dinner recipe or the perfect meal prep option, I’ve got you covered with this ground beef taco salad. It’s simple to make, feeds a crowd and the ingredients can be prepped ahead of time for busy days.
Why Make This Salad?
Ingredients for Beef Taco Salad
Grab your ingredients and get cooking and chopping. The ingredients are simple and easy to find. Here’s what you need for this recipe:
I love a recipe that takes minimal cooking and this one totally fits the bill. Start by browning the corn in a little olive oil in a hot skillet. While this step is optional, it provides lots of flavor and some texture as well.
Once the corn is browned, remove it to a bowl and add the ground beef to the skillet. Break up the beef with a wooden spoon. Once browned, add taco seasoning and a little water. Stir well then remove from heat.
And that’s all the cooking involve in this ground beef taco salad. Now it’s time to put it all together.
Assemble the Ground Beef Taco Salad
Grab a huge mixing bowl and add your lettuce. Top with the prepped veggies, black beans, cheese, beef and corn.
Drizzle with as much dressing as you like and toss. Once well mixed, top with lots of crushed doritos and serve.
More Must Try Salads
Ground Beef Taco Salad
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup frozen sweet corn
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 ounce packet or 3 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 large romaine hearts, finely chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, sliced or diced
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed well
- crushed doritos
- shredded cheddar
- salsa ranch
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil and corn. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for three to four minutes, until charred. Remove corn from the skillet to a clean bowl. Add ground beef to same skillet and break apart with a wooden spoon. Cook until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water. Stir well until meat is coated. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
- Add lettuce to a large bowl. Top with seasoned ground beef, grape tomatoes, avocado, black beans and desired amounts of crushed doritos, cheese and salsa ranch dressing. Toss well and serve immediately.