Instant Pot Beef Tips is a comfort food meal at its finest. Simple, minimal ingredients come together for the perfect fall or winter dinner.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Cooler temps are definitely calling for all the warm, hearty comfort food. These instant pot beef tips and gravy are all that and more.
The combination of ingredients in this dish make for such a rich and delicious dinner. Winter food at its finest.
Grab Your Instant Pot
I know there are a lot of kitchen gadgets out there and I may be addicted to a few of them, the instant pot included. A pressure cooker is definitely worth the money to me.
I especially love it when I’ve forgotten to get dinner ready or didn’t have a plan at all. You can cook that meal in a fraction of the time with a pressure cooker.
Buuut, if you don’t have an instant pot and don’t plan on investing in one, you can definitely cook this recipe in your slow cooker instead.
Follow the same steps but cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours instead. Then when it’s gravy time, proceed with that step 30 minutes before you want to eat.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Beef Tip
How to Make Beef Tips
Start by heating your instant pot on saute mode. Add onions and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes, until softened. Remove from instant pot.
Toss beef tips in flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add more oil to the instant pot and place beef tips in single layer. Sear each side. You may need to do this in batches.
Add all the beef tips and onion and garlic back to the instant pot.
Stir in beef stock, red wine and worcestershire sauce. Seal and cook for 40 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes then turn the valve to release the rest. As always, be careful when turning the valve.
Turn saute mode back on. Whisk together cornstarch and cold water then add to the pot. Stir and cook until thickened and glossy.
How to Serve
There are so many ways to serve beef tips and gravy. My personal favorite is drowning reames egg noodles with a big serving of beef tips.
Another great option is mashed potatoes. I especially love these herbed mascarpone mashed potatoes.
And for those that like their beef tips with rice, this butter rice is the ultimate option.
More Comfort Food Recipes
Instant Pot Beef Tips
- Instant Pot
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds boneless chuck roast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup red wine (or beef stock)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- Turn on saute mode on your instant pot. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Once hot, add onion and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes, or until softened. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the instant pot. Add beef tips to a bowl. Sprinkle with flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss to coat. Add in a single layer to the Instant Pot. You may need to do this in batches. Sear both sides. Once all the meat is seared, add onion and garlic back to the instant pot along with all the meat. Stir in beef stock, red wine and worcestershire sauce. Seal Instant Pot and cook on manual for 40 minutes. Allow steam to release naturally for 10 minutes then carefully turn the valve to release remaining pressure.
- Turn Instant Pot back to saute mode. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and cold water. Add to pot and stir until the gravy is thickened and glossy.
- Serve over pasta, mashed potatoes or rice.