Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, this Air Fryer Meatloaf is simple and quick enough for a weeknight meal. Slathered with a delicious glaze to put it over the top.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
I resisted buying an air fryer for SO long. And you know what? I use the dang thing at least 4 times a week and truly wish I would have invested sooner.
I have some yummy recipes I like to make in it along with reheating leftovers, cooking frozen fries or tots and basically all the things.
I also love that you can make classic dinners way faster (and tastier) in the air fryer, starting with this meatloaf.
What Makes It So Good?
Honestly, this will be my go to meatloaf from here on out. It stays tender and juicy on the inside while the outside crisps up.
Plus, that glaze friends. While the meatloaf air fries it gets thick and sticky. It’s kind of magical.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Meatloaf
How to Make Air Fryer Meatloaf
Crumble the ground beef into a large bowl. Add bread crumbs, egg, onion, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. I like to get in there with my hands to ensure it’s mixed well.
Grab a piece of parchment paper that covers the bottom of your air fryer and up the edges a bit to make it easy to remove when it’s done. Otherwise it will be very hard to remove in one piece.
Shape the ground beef mixture into a 4 inch x 7 inch loaf (or close to that size to fit into your air fryer). Place into the air fryer and cook for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together the ketchup, mustard, brown sugar and more worcestershire sauce for the glaze.
Spread over the meatloaf and cook another 6 or so minutes, until the meatloaf has reached 160 degrees F.
The glaze will become thick and sticky while the meatloaf is perfectly cooked inside.
A Great Weeknight Option
This Air Fryer Meatloaf makes a great weeknight option for lots of reasons.
First, it’s quicker than a traditional, oven cooked meatloaf. They can take over an hour in the oven and sometimes we just don’t have time for that. This recipe comes in at just a little over 30 minutes.
Second, the ingredients are minimal and easy. I’m betting you already have all of them on hand. Who doesn’t love a recipe you can make out of your refrigerator and pantry?!
More Easy Dinners:
Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Air fryer
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup grated white onion
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
For the glaze:
- 3 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, crumble the ground beef. Add bread crumbs, egg, grated onion, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well with a wooden spoon or your hands.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit along the bottom and up the sides of your air fryer basket. Shape the meatloaf into a 4 inch x 7 inch loaf shape on the parchment paper. Carefully place in the air fryer. Cook at 360 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the glaze ingredients. After 25 minutes, brush meatloaf with glaze and cook another 6 minutes, or until the meatloaf reaches 160 degrees F in the middle.