Make your own Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup at home. It’s super simple (less than 30 minutes!) and tastes just as delicious.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Who else loves Panera’s broccoli cheddar soup?! It’s my favorite soup to enjoy there so it’s about time to have a delicious dupe here.
Because you all LOVE a copycat recipe and I’m here to please. I promise you, this homemade version is just as good and ridiculously easy to make.
Ingredients for Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
How to Make Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Heat a medium to large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add butter and allow it to melt.
Once the butter is melted, add the onion, broccoli and carrot to the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes, until the veggies are starting to soften.
Stir in the flour and cook an additional minute. Add chicken stock and half and half to the pot and whisk until smooth.
Bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly thickened.
How do you tell it’s thick enough? Dip your spoon into the soup then drag your finger across the spoon. If the soup slowly starts to come back together, it’s ready.
If it comes back right away, it’s not thick enough yet. You can see what it should look like in the video below.
Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cheddar cheese. Serve with crusty bread.
30 Minute Dinner
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it’s faster to make it at home than it is to run out and grab a bowl from Panera.
From start to finish, it will only take you 30 minutes to prepare. That’s some weeknight perfection if you ask me
Reheats Like a Dream
If you’ve been around for awhile, you know I’m not a big fan of leftovers. They very rarely taste as delicious.
Lucky for me (and you all), this soup taste just as good and maybe even better when reheated the next day. So make a big batch to have a warm, cozy lunch all week long.
My Favorite Restaurant Copycat Recipes:
Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups half and half
- 3 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I prefer sharp for more flavor)
- Heat a dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add butter and allow to melt. Add onion, broccoli and carrot to the pot, stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, until veggies have started to soften.
- Sprinkle flour into the pot and stir until vegetables are well coated. Cook another minute, stirring a few times. Add chicken stock and half and half to the pot and stir. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Remove pot from the heat and stir in the shredded cheddar. Serve.