Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps make for an easy, healthy and delicious meal. The buffalo chicken cooks in the slow cooker to make this super simple.
devouring politely eating several lettuce wraps at P.F. Changs during a trip to Minneapolis a few months ago, I have had lettuce wraps on my mind and have made several different and unique varieties.
I made these yummy buffalo chicken buffalo chicken wraps when my mom came to visit recently and they were a huge hit. Just a few short years ago, I wouldn’t eat lettuce…not on sandwiches, not a salad and definitely not as a replacement for a tortilla.
So, needless to say, it still surprises my mom when I make, eat or crave meals like this. I’m sure she chalks it up to me being difficult.
This is a great meal to have in your back pocket when you need a quick, simple and healthy dinner. The crockpot does all the cooking so the only time this takes is to prep the veggies. As with most lettuce wraps, these are super messy so be prepared for drippy buffalo hands.
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
For the Wraps:
- 6 large lettuce leaves, bibb or iceberg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- crumbled blue cheese
- ranch or blue cheese dressing
- In a slow cooker, combine chicken, onions, garlic and chicken stock. Cover and cook on high 4 hours. Remove the chicken from pot, reserve 1/2 cup stock and discard the rest. Shred the chicken with two forks, return to the slow cooker with the 1/2 cup broth and the hot sauce and set to on high for an additional 30 minutes.
- To prepare lettuce cups, place 1/2 cup buffalo chicken in each leaf, top with 1/4 cup shredded carrots, blue cheese and dressing of your choice.