Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps make for an easy, healthy and delicious meal. The buffalo chicken cooks in the slow cooker to make this super simple.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Need an easy dinner? Meal prep lunches? Healthy dish that tastes good? These Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps are all those things.
When I say these are easy, I mean they are ridiculously easy. The prep takes all of 10 minutes and the cooking is all done in the slow cooker.
So whether you don’t feel like cooking or you’re crazy busy, this is a wonderful recipe to have in your back pocket.
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Making the Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
Simply place the chicken stock, onion and garlic in the slow cooker. Give it a stir to make sure it’s all combined.
Add the chicken and cook for 3 to 4 hours on high, until it pulls apart. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred. Save 1/2 cup stock and discard the rest.
Add reserved stock back to the slow cooker, add buffalo sauce and stir. Add chicken and toss to coat. Allow to cook another 30 minutes.
Assemble the Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Lay out lettuce leaves. Top with desired amount of buffalo chicken, shredded carrots, celery, blue cheese and dressing of choice.
Now eat! They will be gloriously drippy so make sure you do that hunch over your plate.
Meal Prep Perfection
This crock pot buffalo chicken reheats really well making it a great option for meal prep. Portion out the cooked, shredded buffalo chicken into your containers.
Wash the romaine leaves and pat them dry. Prep the carrots and celery. Portion these into your meal prep containers as well.
But be sure to keep them seperate from the buffalo chicken to ensure they don’t get soggy. Fill a little container with blue cheese and dressing of choice and you’re good to go.
More Healthy Meal Ideas:
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
For the Wraps:
- 6 large lettuce leaves, bibb or iceberg
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- crumbled blue cheese
- ranch or blue cheese dressing
- In a slow cooker, combine chicken, onions, garlic and chicken stock. Cover and cook on high 3 to 4 hours, until it shreds easily. Remove the chicken from slow cooker, save 1/2 cup stock and discard the rest. Shred the chicken and place back in the slow cooker with the reserved stock and the hot sauce. Cook for another 30 minutes.
- Lay out lettuce and top with desired amount of chicken then top with shredded carrots, celery, blue cheese and dressing.