Light, fluffy Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins make a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack. Whip them up and keep them on hand for days of treats.
This post may contain an affiliate link. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
We are big lovers of muffins in my house and these mini chocolate chip muffins are no exception.
These cute bite-size muffins are a favorite at breakfast, brunch or a fun poppable snack. Throw a few in a bag and you can fix that sweet tooth on the go.
Ingredients for Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
Here’s what you’ll need for these delicious mini muffins:
How to Make Chocolate Chip Muffins
Start by mixing together the flour, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips in a large bowl. Set aside.
Next, melt the butter. Place it in the fridge to cool for 5 minutes. In another bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar and wet ingredients. Whisk in the melted butter.
Sprinkle with coarse turbinado sugar if desired (it adds a delicious little crunch to the top that I LOVE) and bake. You’ll get 48 mini muffins out of this recipe.
If you want to add to these muffins, I have some delicious ideas for you:
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I freeze these mini chocolate chip muffins? Yes! Place them on a baking sheet and freeze for about an hour, or until hard. Put them in a freezer safe bag or container and label. Good for up to 2 months in the freezer. To thaw, set out on the counter for about an hour.
I don’t have buttermilk. What do I do? You can easily make your own. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar to a liquid measuring cup. Pour whole milk to the 1 cup line. Let sit for 5 minutes then stir and use as recipe states. In a pinch, you could also use plain milk but the texture won’t be as fluffy and they won’t have a the little tang that pairs so nicely with the chocolate chips.
How long do they last? They will be good in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
I don’t have mini chocolate chips. Can I use regular sized chocolate chips? Yes. I like using mini chips so that there is little bits throughout the muffin but regular chocolate chips would work too.
More Delicious Muffins Recipes
Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons coarse turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with muffin liners or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips. In another bowl, combine the butter, granulated sugar, buttermilk, oil, sour cream, eggs and vanilla. Pour into the dry mixture and fold until the batter just comes together.
- Fill muffin cups just about to the top of the liners. Sprinkle with coarse turbinado sugar. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.