Looking for more meatless options to add to your rotation? This Roasted Veggie Bowl is simple to make and packed with bright, delicious flavor.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
I love a roasted veggie. There’s something about the caramelization and the flavors that roasting brings out.
Throw them over some rice and add a delicious, zingy sauce and I’m totally sold. This is my new favorite go to lunch. So much flavor and goodness.
So whether you’re trying to get more veggies in your diet or eat less meat, these veggie bowls are a great option for lunch or dinner.
Ingredients for Roasted Veggie Bowl
Here’s what you are going to need to make one of these delicious roasted veggie bowls:
Mix It Up
Above I included the veggies I personally love in these bowls but you don’t have to stick to just what I have listed. Use what you love.
I think bell peppers, mushrooms, brussels, carrots, squash, asparagus or tomatoes would be great additions as well.
Hearty vegetables can be roasted in the same manner as indicated in the recipe. Softer veggies such as mushrooms or tomatoes may not need as much time so keep an eye on them and take them out earlier if needed.
Roast the Vegetables
Add all your veggies to a large rimmed baking sheet. I like to line the baking sheet with foil to make clean up super easy.
Add all the veggies to the pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with spices and toss well until everything is thoroughly coated.
Roast for 30 minutes, until veggies are golden and tender.
Prepare the Sauce
These veggie bowls are great on their own but this quick and easy sauce totally puts them over the top. It adds a fresh, brightness to the veggie bowls.
While the vegetables are roasting, whip up the sauce. All you need to do is throw all the ingredients into the food processor and zap it all together.
This is what you need for the sauce:
Put it All Together
Add a scoop of rice to your bowl then top with 1/4 of the veggie mixture. Drizzle with your desired amount of sauce and you’re good to go.
These truly are so easy to put together and full of so much flavor.
I love the different textures that the vegetables bring. The sweet potatoes are sweet, starchy and creamy. The onion is caramelized and tender.
The broccoli and caulifower are tender but have good texture still. I promise if you’ve never roasted these veggies, it’s a game changer. They both get a sweet, nutty flavor that I just adore.
Great for Meal Prep
If you’re a meal prepper, this is a great option. You can get everything made up on Sunday and divide it into portions. The recipe makes 4 portions so it’s great for weekday lunches leaving on day for takeout!
Keep the sauce in a small condiment cup as it will separate and need a good shake before use. And also no sogginess.
More Meatless Meals
Roasted Veggie Bowl
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 1/2 cups 1-inch sweet potato chunks, peeled
- 1/2 red onion, cut lengthwise then quartered
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 cups cooked rice
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Add veggies to the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Toss until evenly coated. Bake for 20 minutes. Flip and bake another 10 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, make the sauce. Add all the sauce ingredients to a food processor and pulse together. Pour into a bowl or bottle for serving.
- Add 1 cup of rice to 4 bowls. Evenly divide roasted veggies then drizzle with the desired amount of sauce.