These Bakery Style Pistachio Muffins are bound to be a big hit. Huge, light, fluffy muffins bursting with pistachio flavor & gloriously green.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
There is nothing better than a giant, tender bakery muffin. I love a good muffin and have trouble picking a favorite but these bakery style pistachio muffins are currently at the top of the list.
Ingredients for Bakery Style Pistachio Muffins
How to Make Pistachio Muffins
These muffins are quick and easy to put together. First, mix together all the dry ingredients.
For the pudding mix, you do not need to mix it up according to the package directions. You simply need the dry powder for these muffins.
In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Set the coarse sugar aside for topping the muffins.
Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until the batter just comes together. Overmixing will yield tough, dry muffins.
Portion out the muffins into the muffin tin. I like to use an ice cream scoop to ensure they are all the same size.
Top with coarse sugar for the most delicious texture and bakery vibes.
My Favorite Kitchen Gadgets for Muffins
To really get that bakery style feel, you’ll need to use a jumbo muffin tin. These Wilton jumbo muffin tins are my absolute favorite. They are a great price and the light color of the metal ensures they don’t overbrown.
I also love using these muffin cups when baking jumbo muffins. They don’t get soggy and make for easy clean up of the muffin tin.
More Muffins to Try
Bakery Style Pistachio Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 3.4 oz. package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. coarse sugar, optional for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, kosher salt, instant pudding powder and granulated sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk together oil, milk, eggs and yogurt. Pour into the dry ingredients and fold until just combined.
- Line a jumbo muffin tin with muffin cups or spray with nonstick spray. Portion out the muffins evenly. I like to use an ice cream scoop. Sprinkle the tops with coarse sugar. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.