This super simple Pink Pasta Sauce is a delicious combination of spaghetti sauce and alfredo sauce that will leave you wanting seconds. Simple to make in less than 30 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
This is a new family favorite around here (which is saying a lot considering my ultra picky kid). And what makes it even better is how simple this sauce is to make thanks to a shortcut ingredient.
The creamy, tomatoey, cheesy combination of the sauce is sure to make this a weekly menu option.
Ingredients for Pink Pasta Sauce
This recipe is pretty simple to throw together with a few simple ingredients, including a shortcut ingredient. Here’s what you will need:
How to Make Pink Pasta Sauce
Start by making the alfredo portion of the sauce. If you’ve never made homemade alfredo sauce you are totally missing out. It’s super simple and SO delicious.
Melt the butter and add the garlic. Cook for a few minutes, until its softened and fragrant.
Whisk in the heavy cream and simmer for a few minutes to slightly thicken the sauce. Then whisk in the parmesan cheese and you have alfredo.
Add the jarred spaghetti sauce, stir and serve over pasta. This one really couldn’t get easier and is done in the time you get the water to a boil and cook the pasta.
Can I Use Jarred Alfredo Sauce?
Technically, yes you can. And it would still be good but hear me out….
Jarred alfredo sauce is just not my favorite and making it homemade is pretty darn easy with just a few ingredients.
But at the end of the day if you need a shortcut, you can definitely do it. If you’re using jarred sauce, add about 1 1/2 cups of sauce.
More Easy Pasta Recipes
Pink Pasta Sauce
- 4 Tablespoon butter
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded parmesan, plus more for topping
- 1 cup jarred spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound short cut pasta, cooked according to package directions
- fresh parsley
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add butter and allow to melt. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add heavy cream and simmer for about 3 minutes, until slightly thickened. Whisk in parmesan and stir until melted.
- Once melted, add spaghetti sauce. Stir and simmer until heated through. Add cooked pasta and toss to coat in sauce. Top with chopped parsley and more parmesan cheese.