I’ve got another one pot wonder coming at you. This One Pot Taco Pasta combines two family favorites to make a super simple, quick and delicious meal all in one pan.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
I did an Instagram poll a few weeks ago asking what you all wanted to see and one pot meals were a very popular answer so here we are, delivering the first one.
When I think one pot recipes, my mind always goes to pasta or rice. It’s the midwestern in me. I went with pasta this time.
This one pot taco pasta has all the flavors of a taco in a delicious meal that will only take you 30 minutes to make.
Ingredients for One Pot Taco Pasta
How to Make One Pot Taco Pasta
First, start off with a large pot or dutch oven. It will be the only pot you use so make sure it’s large enough to fit the whole meal.
Heat your pot over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil and diced onion. Cook for a few minutes, allowing the onions to soften.
Add ground beef to the pot and break up with a wooden spoon. Once the beef is no longer pink add the taco seasoning mix, tomato sauce, green chiles (including the liquid in the can) and beef stock.
Bring the mixture to a simmer then add the pasta. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the pasta is tender. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, stir in the black beans and corn.
This cheesy taco pasta is delicious on its own but you can definitely step it up with a few simple ingredients.
Laddle the pasta into dishes then top with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of cheese and some fresh cilantro. That creamy addition totally puts this pasta over the top.
More One Pot Meals
One Pot Taco Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 4 cups beef stock
- 4 ounce can green chiles (don't drain)
- 1 pound pasta shells
- 1 cup rinsed black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn (doesn't need to be thawed)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add olive oil and onions. Saute for about 3 minutes, until they start to soften. Add ground beef and break up with a wooden spoon. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and cook until no longer pink.
- Stir in tomato sauce, beef stock and green chiles with the liquid. Bring to a simmer then add the pasta. Simmer for 3 minutes less than the pasta package directions. Add corn and black beans and cook another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheese. Portion into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream and cilantro.