Keep this One Pot Parmesan Pasta in your back pocket for a simple weeknight side dish. Done in less than 20 minutes with just a few pantry staples.
On weeknights, I sometimes struggle coming up with something to go along with our main protein. There’s always the salad and roasted veggie route but sometimes you want something creamy and hearty. Especially with the cold weather we’ve been plagued with lately.
So what do you turn to? Pasta of course. Creamy, buttery, cheesy pasta.
When I was in college I lived off those knorr pasta packets, specifically the creamy Parmesan ones. Man did I love that stuff. I haven’t had them since but sometimes the craving strikes so I decided to make my own version at home. With less sodium and weird powdery stuff.
The homemade version is just about as easy as the store-bought stuff and so much tastier. And bonus, it will be done just as fast.
The perks to this Parmesan pasta keep on coming because it’s made completely in one pot. High five for less dishes.
You only need a few pretty basic pantry items to make this Parmesan pasta. The lineup consists of butter, garlic, pasta, chicken stock, milk and Parmesan cheese. I don’t know about you but all of those things are permanently in my fridge and pantry.
Parmesan pasta anytime the craving strikes is definitely a win in my book.
To make the pasta a main dish while keeping it a one pot meal, sear some chicken in the pan first then remove to a cutting board. You can then proceed with the pasta instructions and cut the chicken while it’s cooking. Add the chicken back in during the last minute of cooking to warm it back through and you have a whole meal.
Whether it’s a side to dinner or your main meal, the creamy cheesiness of this pasta will be a hit with the whole family.
One Pot Parmesan Pasta
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 8 oz. short cut pasta
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups milk, preferably whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat a large pot over medium-low heat, add butter and allow to melt. Add garlic and saute making sure not to burn. Add salt and pasta and stir to coat. Cook another minute or two.
- Increase heat to medium and add the chicken stock and milk. Bring to a simmer and cook for 9 to 11 minutes, until pasta has reached desired doneness.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese.
Subscribe to our mailing list