Get a family favorite on the table in less than 30 minutes. Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo is simple, quick and delicious.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
We all love an easy dinner that’s made all in one pot. And in this case, it’s the Instant Pot.
This Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo is easy to make, super cheesy and sure to be loved by the whole family. Plus, you only have the pot and your plates to wash. Major weeknight win.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
Sear the Chicken
Turn on the saute mode on your Instant Pot. While it’s heating, season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Once hot, add the chicken to the Instant Pot and sear for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken to a clean plate.
Prepare the Alfredo
Add garlic to the pot and saute for a minute. Turn off saute mode and add the chicken stock, heavy cream.
Stir in pasta and press so that it’s all covered in liquid. Place the chicken on top.
Seal the Instant Pot and cook for 6 minutes. Let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes then carefully turn the valve to release the remaining pressure.
Remove the chicken to a cutting board and let rest. Stir the parmesan cheese and cream cheese into the Instant Pot. Turn back to on the saute mode and simmer for 3 minutes, until thickened.
While simmering, slice chicken into strips or bite-size chunks.
Delicious Add Ins
There are lots of additional ingredients you can add to this dish to give it even more flavor:
More Easy Instant Pot Dinners
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz. short cut pasta
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- finely minced fresh parsley, optional
- Turn Instant Pot to saute mode. Once hot, add butter. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Add to Instant Pot and sear for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden. Remove from the Instant Pot.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Turn off saute mode. Add chicken stock, heavy cream and pasta. Stir and press down pasta so that it is submerged in the liquid. Add chicken to the top. Place lid on top and seal the valve. Set to cook on high manual mode for 6 minutes. Let pressure release for 5 minutes naturally then carefully turn valve to force out remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board. Stir in parmesan cheese and cream cheese. Turn saute mode back on and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, until slightly thickened. It will continue to thicken as it sets. Slice chicken into thin slices or bite-size chunks. Toss with pasta or add on top when serving. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.