This 4 Cheese Linguine is a delicious, kid-friendly meal that you can have on the table in less than 30 minutes. It’s rich and decadent and will have everyone begging for seconds.
If I want a no-brainer, hit it out of the ballpark meal for my kids it’s always a safe bet to go with carbs and cheese. Well, if I’m being honest that fits the bill for Joel and me too. Whether it’s pizza or sandwiches or pasta, they will eat it. And on dance or Cub Scouts night my main goal is easy food that they will eat quickly.
Therefore the creation of this 4 Cheese Linguine. Cream cheese, Gorgonzola, Parmesan and Swiss tossed with perfectly cooked linguine. You can’t go wrong there.
I wanted to keep it different and interesting for Joel and I so I used those out of the ordinary cheeses for the sauce. Nothing too weird but it’s beyond the typical cheddar or American cheeses you usually see in a macaroni and cheese.
The addition of cream cheese provides an extra creamy, velvety texture to the sauce. Gorgonzola adds a little bite and tang. If you don’t like gorgonzola use it anyway. It’s not overwhelming when combined with the other cheese and provides a yummy profile and background to the sauce. Trust me. Parmesan and swiss round out the sauce to add that stringy cheese pull that is so necessary when we’re talking cheese sauce.
The recipe makes a pound of pasta which is a lot for us considering the kids don’t eat huge amounts. It’s delicious leftover (and I’m not a leftovers person) so you can have another easy meal throughout the week already done.
Grilled chicken or even steak would be a great addition to this pasta to add some protein. Steamed broccoli or even some peas would be great tossed throughout the pasta too. Customize it to fit your families needs and tastes.
All I know is, I have another family pleasing 30 minute meal to add to the rotation and that makes me pretty happy. I hope you all found a new one today too.
4 Cheese Linguine
- 1 lb. linguine
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cubed and at room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola crumbles
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Parsley for garnish, optional
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook linguine 1 minute less than package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add butter and allow to melt. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in half of the milk and allow to thicken. Whisk in remaining milk and allow to thicken until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Add cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in remaining cheese until smooth.
- Add linguine to a large bowl. Pour cheese sauce over the noodles and stir until incorporated throughout. Garnish with parsley.