We’re upgrading the standard banana bread today with delicious Hawaiian ingredients. This Hawaiian Banana Bread is packed with pineapple, macadamia nuts and coconut for all the tropical vibes.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
I know we all spent last spring making loaf after loaf of homemade breads but I hope you aren’t over it yet because this Hawaiian Banana Bread is kidn of epic.
I’m taking my favorite banana bread recipe and loading it up with classic Hawaiian ingredients to make the ultimate banana bread.
Ingredients for Hawaiian Banana Bread
How to Make Hawaiian Banana Bread
Start by mixing all the wet ingredients together. Mash the banana in a large bowl then add the coconut oil, crushed pineapple, eggs and sugar in the bowl and mix well.
In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, half the shredded coconut and macadamia nuts. Dump into the wet ingredients and fold together until they just come together.
Spread into a greased loaf pan then top with remaining coconut. Bake until golden brown and cooked through. You will probably need to place a piece of foil over the bread about halfway through the baking time to ensure it doesn’t get too brown.
The Perfect Bananas
In order to make the best banana bread, you need really ripe bananas. They provide the best banana flavor and the most sweetness to the bread.
Use bannas that are soft and are speckled with brown spots. If you’re bananas are too ripe, put them in a brown paper bag, close up the bag and leave them for a day or two to quicken their ripening.
More Quick Bread Recipes
Hawaiian Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 large bananas)
- 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together coconut oil, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, mashed bananas and pineapple together. Set aside. In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 1/2 cup coconut and macadamia nuts. Pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold together until they come together.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth out top. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup coconut. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. If bread starts to brown too much (check halfway through) lay a piece of foil over the top of the bread for the remaining baking time.