This unique Sweet Macaroni Salad will be a hit at your next barbecue. Simple ingredients combine to make a sweet and zingy macaroni salad that everyone will adore.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Summer is coming and that means we get to eat ALL the summer food. One of my favorite summer dishes is pasta or macaroni salad. I’ll take any variety, they are just so good.
Ingredients for Sweet Macaroni Salad
How to Make Sweet Macaroni Salad
Start by cooking the pasta. I like to cook it a minute less than the package directions. It will soak up the dressing and soften up as it sits in the refrigerator so this keeps it from getting soggy.
While the pasta is cooking, mix up the dressing. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the mayo, sweetened condensed milk, vinegar and sugar. Mix in the diced bell pepper, onion and shredded carrot.
Once the pasta is cooked, rinse under cold water and drain well. Add the pasta to the dressing and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
For Best Results
This pasta is great right after making it but it’s incredible if you make it the night before.
The flavors mingle and soak into the pasta. If you can plan ahead, I definitely recommend making it at least 4 hours before serving to get the best flavor and allow the dressing to thicken.
More Macaroni Salad Recipes to Try
Sweet Macaroni Salad
- 1 lb. penne, rotini or elbow pasta
- 2 cups mayo, full fat
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- Cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions. While pasta is cooking, whisk together mayo, sweetened condensed milk, vinegar and sugar. Mix in diced bell pepper, onion and carrots.
- Drain pasta and add to the bowl. Toss until well coated. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. It's even better if it's refrigerated overnight.