Blueberry Yogurt Coffee Cake is bursting with fresh, juicy blueberries and topped with sweet, crunchy streusel. Greek yogurt makes it perfectly moist.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
I love that we can eat cake for breakfast. Like, just throw “coffee” in front of it and we can have it in the morning. I’m here for that.
Plus, it has blueberries so there’s your fruit.
And not only can it be breakfast but it’s also great for brunch, an afternoon snack or dessert.
Ingredients for Easy Blueberry Coffee Cake
Here’s what you’ll need to make this delicious blueberry yogurt coffee cake.
Can I Use Frozen Blueberries?
Fresh blueberries are preferred for this recipe but you can use frozen blueberries.
If you are using frozen, make sure to thaw them out first. Once thawed, dump out on some paper towels and pat them dry. Make sure to get them as dry as possible.
Any excess liquid can mess with the texture of the cake. Once dry, proceed with the recipe as written.
How to Make Blueberry Yogurt Coffee Cake
Add butter and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer. Cream until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Mix in Greek yogurt.
In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients. Add half the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Add half the milk, mix until combined. Dump in remaining dry ingredients and mix until it just comes together. Lastly, mix in the rest of the milk until just combined.
To make the streusel, cut the cold butter into cubes. Add remaining ingredients and cut together with a pastry cutter or two forks.
Once it resembles coarse sand, it’s ready to go. Sprinkle on top of the cake evenly and bake.
Double the Streusel, Double the Fun
Feel free to double the streusel in this recipe. It’s never a bad idea to have more crumbly goodness on top.
Honestly, that’s what we usually do. Go with your heart.
More Blueberry Recipes
Blueberry Yogurt Coffee Cake
- 5 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
For the streusel:
- 3 Tbsp. cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch cake pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Add butter and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer. Cream until smooth. Add egg, yogurt and vanilla extract and mix. Add salt, baking powder and 1 cup flour to the bowl and mix until just combined. Add half the milk and mix again. Add remaining cup of flour and mix until just combined. Pour in last of the milk and mix until it just comes together. Stir in blueberries by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and set aside.
- For the streusel: add all ingredients into a bowl. Using a pastry cutter or two forks, cut together the ingredients until it resembles coarse sand. You can use your hands as well. Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.