Black and Blue Quesadillas are packed with saucy ground beef, stringy mozzarella and blue cheese. Super easy to make and packed full of flavor.
As much fun as treat week was last week, it’s time for a little break from all the sugar. I did some Instagram polls last month to try and gauge what you all wanted to see on the blog this month and I got a big, positive response for easy weeknight meals.
Um, are we the same person? I am always looking for the easiest dinners during December because between all the holiday activities, obligations and extra cooking your girl needs something easy to put on the table. I’m so glad you guys are with me on that one.
When I’m looking for easy and something my whole family will like quesadillas are a major go to option. I always have cheese, tortillas and some kind of meat in the fridge so quesadillas are my favorite thing to make when I don’t feel like cooking.
I have quite a collection of quesadilla recipes on the blog and I’m always looking for more options to add. And that’s where these Black and Blue Quesadillas come in.
I love the combination of rich beef and strong blue cheese and knew it would translate well to quesadilla form. This flavor combination is usually on the higher end, think steakhouse vibes but I took it down a few notches to keep it family and budget friendly.
The base is ground beef with a good amount of steak sauce mixed to add some richness and umami flavor.
Because blue cheese is such a strong flavor all you need is a sprinkle to pack a punch. To make sure the quesadillas get all melty and gooey I threw in a handful of mozzarella and it was the perfect combination.
Each bite has a blue cheese crumble, stringy mozzarella and A1 drenched ground beef. What’s not to like?!
Black and Blue Quesadillas
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 8 medium soft taco size flour tortillas
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and break up with a wooden spoon. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Once it is no longer pink, stir in the steak sauce and remove from heat.
- Heat another large skillet over medium heat. Melt 1/4 of the butter in the skillet. Add one tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons blue cheese. Top with 1/4 of the ground beef and sprinkle with another 1/4 cup mozzarella. Top with another tortilla. Cook until cheese starts to melt and first tortilla is golden. Flip and cook second side until golden and all cheese has melted.
- Repeat step two with remaining ingredients.