Make Valentine’s Day extra special with these Oreo Chocolate Covered Strawberries. They are just as easy to make with a little more fun.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Looking for a fun and super simple dessert to celebrate Valentine’s Day?! These Oreo Chocolate Covered Strawberries will only take minutes to prepare and are sure to be a hit.
The mix of creamy chocolate, juicy strawberries and crunchy oreo crumbs creates the most perfect balance of textures.
Box them up and tie a ribbon to add the perfect touch for gifting someone you love.
Ingredients for Oreo Chocolate Covered Strawberries
The ingredient list is short and very sweet for these delicious strawberries. Here’s what you need:
Before making the strawberries, make sure they are washed and dried well. If they aren’t dry the chocolate won’t stick and may seize up.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Assemble the Oreo Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Add chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each time, until just melted.
While the chocolate is melting, add the oreos to a food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs. You can also put them in a ziplock bag and smash with a rolling pin or mallet.
Dip strawberries in chocolate then roll in oreo crumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet. Continue with remaining strawberries. Place in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens.
Store in refrigerator in an airtight container. They will typically be good for about two days when stored properly.
More Fun and Tasty Valentine’s Desserts
Oreo Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 pint strawberries, washed and thoroughly dried
- 8 regular oreos
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Add oreos to a food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs. You can also put them in a ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin. Place in a shallow bowl. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds then stir. Repeat process until chocolate chips are just melted.
- Dip a strawberry in melted chocolate then roll in oreo crumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with all the strawberries. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Enjoy or place in an airtight container and keep stored in the fridge for up to two days.