Ground meat tacos just got a major upgrade. These Air Fryer Tacos are super crispy and very simple to make. Add your favorite toppings to make them your own.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
If you’ve been around for awhile, you know I’m addicted to my air fryer. It’s perfect for reheating leftovers, cooking your favorite frozen foods or creating a whole meal.
It’s one of my favorite kitchen gadgets and I love it even more after creating these Air Fryer Tacos.
Fill tortillas with refried beans, shredded cheese and ground meat then air fry until golden and crispy. The exterior of the shell gets crispy but keeps that nice chew of a flour tortilla on the inside.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Tacos
The ingredients are super simple for this recipe. You can customize according to your tastes as well. Here’s what you will need:
How to Assemble
Start by cooking the ground turkey and season with the taco seasoning packet. Once that’s ready, we’re going to set up an assembly line.
Lay out your tortillas. Spread refried beans on half of each tortilla. Top the beans with the seasoned meat then sprinkle with cheese.
Fold tacos in half and secure with two toothpicks. This will help keep them closed while they are in the air fryer.
Spray both sides of the taco with nonstick spray and place in your air fryer.
Time to Air Fry
The time you cook your tacos will depend on how dark and crispy you want the tacos to be. Because of this, I included a time range in the instructions.
You’ll want to cook them for 5 to 7 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time. So I would start with 3 minutes then flip and cook another 2 minutes. If you want them crispier, add another minute or two.
For reference, the tacos in these photos were cooked for 4 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the secon side. I also did a batch for 5 minutes total and enjoyed those as well.
More Air Fryer Favorites
Air Fryer Tacos
- 1 pound ground turkey (or beef or chicken)
- 1 ounce packet taco seasoning (or 1/4 cup homemade)
- 12 fajita size flour tortillas
- 15 ounce can refried beans
- shredded cheese
- nonstick spray
- taco toppings of choice
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground turkey and break up with a wooden spoon. Cook until no longer pink. Stir in taco seasoning.
- Lay out flour tortillas. Spread refried beans on half of each tortilla. Top the beans with spiced ground turkey and sprinkle with cheese. Fold in half then secure each with two toothpicks. Spray both sides with nonstick spray and place in air fryer.
- Cook at 375 degrees for 3 minutes. Flip and cook another 2 minutes. Cook up to 2 more minutes, depending on how crispy you want them. Serve with desired toppings.