Put all the delicious in season sweet corn to use in this Sweet Corn Pasta. This fun play on alfredo sauce is sure to please the whole family.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Let’s talk summer produce. What’s your favorite? Tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, sweet corn?
I don’t think I can choose just one but right now, I’m all about the corn. It’s kind of a must considering my midwest roots.
We are lucky enough to have neighbors that have a huge field where they grow corn every summer and they graciously share it with the whole neighborhood.
There is nothing better than fresh, local Nebraska sweet corn my friends. Knowing our delivery would be happening soon, I got to work brainstorming a new sweet corn recipe to share with you all.
In comes this super seasonal, lightened up alfredo corn pasta situation that is officially my new summer favorite.
It’s kind of rich due to the alfredo ingredients but then there’s some major sweetness from the corn. It’s just all so good.
Ingredients for Sweet Corn Pasta
How to Make Sweet Corn Pasta
This recipe is pretty simple and straightforward to make. Start by getting salted water to a boil and throw in your pasta. Cook the pasta one minute less than the package directions state for the perfect al dente texture.
While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. First you need to cut the corn of the cob. I like to put flat end of the corn in a wide, shallow bowl while cutting the corn.
That way as you cut the corn from the cob, it falls into the bowl and you don’t lose any. You’ll need about 2 1/2 cups of fresh corn. This was three ears of corn for me but you might want to grab an extra just to be safe.
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add corn, garlic, kosher salt and thyme and saute for about 10 minutes, until very fragrant and the corn has started to turn golden.
Remove half of the corn (you can eyeball it) to a food processor or blender. Add half and half to the food processor and process until mostly smooth.
Add the half and half mixture back to the skillet and cook until slightly thickened. This will only take a few minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. Toss with the pasta and serve.
How to Serve
This sweet corn pasta is delicious on its own. But if you want to bulk it up a bit, it’s great with grilled chicken.
Want to keep it meatless? Serve with a huge, fresh green salad on the side. Or your favorite grilled veggies.
More Delicious Corn Recipes:
Sweet Corn Pasta
- 8 oz. dried spaghetti or fettuccine
- 3 to 4 ears sweet corn
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta 1 minute less than the directions on the box.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Cut the corn off the cob, you will need 2 1/2 to 3 cups of corn. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter. Once melted, add corn, garlic, kosher salt and dried thyme. Saute for about 10 minutes, until softened and slightly golden.
- Remove half of the corn mixture (you can eyeball this) to a food processor or blender. Add the half and half and blend until almost smooth. It won't get completely smooth.
- Add half and half mixture back to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Cook until slightly thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. Toss with the cooked pasta and serve.