Combine two childhood classics with this Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream. Smooth, creamy peanut butter ice cream, crumbled vanilla cookies and a strawberry jam swirl.
This post may contain affiliate links, for more information please read my disclosure policy here.
Hello hot summer nights. We’re going to need some ice cream to cool down I think.
Are there any ice cream lovers in the house? Depending on my mood it’s my favorite dessert (challenged by cheesecake). And this new peanut butter and jelly ice cream just skyrocketed to the top of the favorite flavor list.
If you love a simple peanut butter and jelly sandwich you are surely going to adore this ice cream. It starts with a super peanut buttery ice cream base that is ridiculously easy to make.
We’re talking simmer some heavy cream and sugar together to dissolve then stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Aaaaaand done with the base. Once it’s completely cooled it’s ready for your ice cream machine.
During the last few minutes of freezing, crumbled vanilla cookies get added so that the ice cream has that carby feel like a peanut butter sandwich. Once it’s frozen it’s ready for the strawberry jam swirl.
Smooth half the ice cream into a loaf pan and dollop half the jam over the ice cream. Swirl all that goodness with a butter knife than layer on the remaining ice cream and repeat the process with the remaining jam.
Be careful not to mix it too much because you want those separated, pretty swirls. And work fast so it doesn’t get too melty on you. Once you’re done swirling, cover it well and freeze until completely hardened.
Because the base is all heavy cream, your results will be ultra creamy and rich. Like, real rich. What I’m basically saying is you won’t want any other style of ice cream. Go big or go home.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup crushed Nilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam (Bonne Maman is my personal favorite), divided
- Add heavy cream and sugar to a saucepan. Place over medium heat and warm until bubbles form around the edge of the pan and the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into a heat proof bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until completely chilled, about 8 hours.
- Once ice cream base is chilled, pour into your ice cream maker and freeze according to your machine's instructions. During the last 5 minutes, add the cookie crumbs.
- Spread half the ice cream into a loaf pan. Drop 1/4 cup of jam by spoonfuls over the ice cream. Swirl gently with a butter knife. Spread remaining ice cream into the pan. Drop the remaining jam onto the ice cream and swirl lightly again. Cover with plastic wrap, genlty pressing it onto the surface of the ice cream. Cover with foil then place in the freezer until completely hardened.