Transform your leftover Easter ham into these addictive Southern Ham Sliders. Slider buns, flavorful pimento cheese and leftover ham are all you need to get something different on the table.
I know I’m probably in the minority on this one but I just don’t love leftovers. Even the decadent holiday ones. I just don’t like eating the same thing over and over again.
Because of this little fact I’m always looking for new ways to transform my leftovers so meal time doesn’t get monotonous.
I’m sure you’ve seen all kinds of slider recipes floating around the internet and for good reason. They are easy to make and there are so many ways you can change them up.
These Southern Ham Sliders require only a handful of ingredients but yield so much delicious flavor. First, slider buns or even leftover rolls from dinner. You can get the sweet Hawaiian ones or go with a bakery style bun.
Potato sliders buns are THE best for these if you can find them. But use whatever your family prefers.
The ingredient that makes them southern and provides tons of flavor is pimento cheese spread. I went store-bought to keep these super simple since you probably won’t feel like cooking anything for days after your Easter feast.
Last, your leftover ham. Whether you ham is savory, sweet or smoky it will all be incredibly delicious on these sliders.
To assemble the sliders, slice the buns in half, slather them with pimento cheese (on both sides of course) and add a few slices of ham. As you make them, place them in a 13×9 pan.
Once all 12 sliders are made you will brush them with a zingy, buttery sauce that adds even more delicious flavor. And lastly, a sprinkling of sesame seeds. Because all buns are better with sesame seeds.
As they bake the pimento cheese gets hot and bubbly and the exterior of the slider buns crisp up. It’s just all so good.
Instead of getting tired of your Easter ham, change it up into something magical.
Southern Ham Sliders
- 12 slider buns, sliced in half
- 12 oz. pimento cheese spread
- 1 1/2 lbs. thick sliced ham
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grab a 13x9 pan and set aside.
- Spread pimento cheese on both sides of the slider buns, about 1 tablespoon per side. Place the bottom of the buns in the 13x9 pan. Evenly divide the ham among the slider buns. Top with the top buns.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder and garlic powder. Brush over the sliders. Sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.