When you need a sweet treat but don’t want to wreck your healthy habits, whip up a batch of these Monster Cookie Energy Balls. Healthy ingredients that taste like a cookie in poppable form.
Where are my snackers at? My kids and I all love a good snack so I try my best to keep healthy, but still appealing snacks around the house to satisfy our craving.
When it comes to my kids, they have a sweet tooth all day, everyday (I’m more of a savory or salty kind of person). It’s hard to find sweet treats that aren’t packed full of sugar. And believe me, you don’t want to see what too much sugar does to my children.
In comes these Monster Cookie Energy Balls. They have all the delicious flavors of a monster cookie without all the sugar.
Here’s what you need:
- Natural peanut butter
- Raw honey
- Vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- Chia seeds
- Old-fashioned oats
- Mini M&M’s
In order to make mixing up these energy balls a little easier, the peanut butter and honey are microwaved for a very short time to make them a little runnier. If you microwave it too long the M&M’s may melt so keep an eye on it until the peanut butter just starts to thin out.
All the remaining ingredients get mixed into the peanut butter and honey then we get rolling. You’ll end up with about 40 energy balls the size of a tablespoon from this recipe. They are the perfect poppable size.
Because of the richness of the peanut butter and the sweetness from the M&M’s, a couple will keep you satisfied at snack time.
These seriously taste like you are dipping your spoon into cookie dough and I’m so here for that.
If you love energy balls, be sure to check out this popular one too (it’s super chocolatey so you don’t want to miss it).
Monster Cookie Energy Balls
- 1 cup smooth or chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup mini M&M's
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the peanut butter and honey. Microwave for 20 seconds to get it runnier and make mixing easier.
- Stir in vanilla extract, chia seeds, salt and old-fashioned oats. Let cool for a few minutes. Gently stir in the M&M's.
- Using a tablespoon, measure out each ball and roll into balls. Place on prepared baking sheet. Continue until you run out. Place in the refrigerator to harden for 30 minutes. Once hard, place in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.