This post contains affiliate links. Fore more information, read my full disclosure policy here.
These Blood Orange Chocolate Almond Clusters are a delicious, simple handmade treat for your love this Valentines Day. Crunchy almonds, creamy dark chocolate and sweet orange zest combine to the tastiest little candy.
Who here is into Valentines Day? I’ve never been into the holiday all that much but it’s a fun excuse to spend time with your loved ones and indulge in some fun treats. So basically, I’m just here for the candy. Please tell me I’m not the only one.
And isn’t homemade candy the best?! Especially when it’s only 3 ingredients and takes minutes to make. Roasted, salted almonds, dark chocolate chips and lots of blood orange zest (or regular ‘ole oranges) are all you need to make these tasty little bites.
Because the almonds are roasted, they are super crunchy which pairs nicely with the creamy chocolate. For me, dark chocolate is the only way to go here with the sweet blood orange zest.
Buuut, if you don’t feel the same way you can go with milk chocolate or even white chocolate if you want to really go wild.
So let’s talk out the ridiculously easy process of making these chocolate almond clusters. Put chocolate chips in a bowl, zest two oranges into chocolate chips, melt, stir in almonds, drop by spoonfuls, zest another orange over the top for some extra zing and allow the chocolate to harden.
They are literally a 5 minute candy situation and I’m always here for that.
You can get some adorable little candy boxes and package them up with some festive ribbon for a really cute treat to drop off to friends or neighbors. You could also take a big box into the office to make some guaranteed friends.
Blood Orange Chocolate Almond Clusters
- 10 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups roasted, salted almonds
- 3 blood oranges (or navel oranges)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Set aside. Add chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Zest two of the oranges into the bowl. Microwave the chocolate chips in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until the chocolate is melted.
- Stir almonds into the melted chocolate. Drop by spoonfuls onto the prepared pan. Zest the last orange over the almond clusters. Allow the chocolate to harden either at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Store in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our mailing list