I made an amazing salad last night (you can find it here) and I needed the perfect dressing to go with it. I have to admit, I am normally a bottled salad dressing kind of girl but lately I have been making my own and it’s crazy how easy it is.
Not only that, but it’s much healthier because you control exactly what goes in it which means no weird, funky processed junk that nobody can pronounce. And it’s cheaper too.
Easy. Healthy. Cheap. Win win win.
I was very intrigued when I came across this recipe and knew it had to be made pretty much immediately. When I saw that it called for 3 whole roasted garlic bulbs, I knew it would be ridiculously delicious and garlicky. It lent a sweet, almost buttery flavor to the dressing and helped mellow out the zinginess of the vinegar.
This dressing will definitely be a staple in our refrigerator from here on out.
- 3 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut tops off of garlic bulbs. Brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap each bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a blender. Add the vinegar, water, sugar, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, mustard, salt, pepper and remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil; cover and process until smooth. Store in the refrigerator.
June 21, 2013 at 8:46 am
This sounds like a real winner.
June 26, 2013 at 5:05 am
[…] in grilled corn, hard boiled eggs, bacon, chicken, avocado, cucumbers and cheese then drizzled with roasted garlic vinaigrette not be deemed a meal? Well, people…it was. I knew I would convince him (if he knew what was […]
June 3, 2014 at 9:23 am
[…] garlic is a glorious way to flavor dips, veggies, potatoes, steaks and salad dressing or to just slather on French bread. There are so many delicious ways to enjoy it! As you can see, […]